Need New Bumper - Just destroyed mine %#%#@!!!

grandprix104

well as i was leaving work in the dark i pulled out of my parking space and caught one of the support cables for the phone poles with my right side bumper. Ripped the whole thing to hell. so now i need a fucking bumper. If anyone (justin?) can find a red (preferably) bumper assembly in a local junkyard please tell me I will come and get it. It needs to be out west though.

when i get my body kit and bumper from Tom - your more then welcome to mine for the cost of shipping. Its white so you would have to paint it, but you could probly get that done at macco for $70 or so. Shipping would probly be about $50

PM me and lemme know.

I should be getting mine in about 2 weeks hopefully.

- Justin

or i can check at the yard tomarrow. They want $32.99 for the cover... need and bracketry or anything??? would be more then happy to grab one for you if they got one. I know they have a really nice blue one and they have a gang of others (not sure about red, but i will look)

- Justin

I just need the cover. everything else is fine. Why do you not need yours? If i need to piant it thats just life and ill deal with it. Ive got a buddy that works at maaco so that should work out. Also see if they have any clear headlights (not yellow) cause mine look realy bad.

anything cheaper than $225 thats what the j/y wants here.

holy shit....does that junk yard have new ones in stock or what....jeez...

a new bumper for my GP was around 300 but ins. paid for that when the deer hit it....1 of the 3 deer.

so justin did you get a chance to call/check your local yard? If they dont have a red one id be glad to take yours for a few bucks. I might even come get it - i dont know though. All my junkyards around here want around $200 for just the bumper cover so whatever i can find under that is great. The guys at these yards are real assholes and like to bend you over the counter for everything so ya. Im so pissed right now i cant even think straight :evil:

ok, went and only found one of your style - that blue one i mentioned - and it was ripped and repaired with a peice of plastic and some rivits - so i dont think you want that. As far as mine, im getting the whole (almost) GTP body cladding so once i get that (purchasing on friday and dont know hos long shipping will take) your more then welcome to my old one - its in perfect condition. I Will aslo give you the lower valance for it too. Just pay for shipping and it is yours (i dont have a place to store it otherwise)

Otherwise, no luck at the yards for anything at all. The ripped seats i was gonna grab anyway were missing (sux cuz they had a weekend special - $4.99 any bucket seat) and the center console was also gone. I was able to recover some of the wiring for the DIC from the 89 though and i also got the near perfect shape leather wrapped wheel from it too.

thats about it from the yard other then a new rear leaf to use until i figure out the 95 MC rear setup and make it work on a Gen 1.

Lemme know what you want to do on the bumper thing. If i spot anything sooner i would be more then happy to get it for you.

- Justin

thats a yes on the bumper... as soon as you can ship it for me ill pay ya whatever it is. Id come pick it up but your 10 hrs away! So i think shipping will be cheaper.

actually it would be cool to meet ya though.... maybe pick a place somewhere in between - although I-70 in the winter through the mountains is not fun - maybe we should ship it...

will let you know as soon as i get it off... need a rear too??? gonna have one of them layin around after i get the kit too...

- Justin

maybe the lower valence off the rear. I want to paint all the lower trim silver all around but white would make a better base color to paint than red. Of course i might just sell it soon and buy a '00+ Monte or '00+ GT Prix. who knows

Well i just went to maaco and they want $400 to do the front end of my car fenders/hood/bumper wi thier best paint: basecoat/clearcoat. I'll be getting the bumper done for about $200 with the same paint cause i cant afford the $400. After that my car is up for sale. :( I hate to give my baby away but I went and test drove a '01 GT and a '00 Monte and im in love with another car so ill say goodbye to this one. :cry: :cry:

Well i just went to maaco and they want $400 to do the front end of my car fenders/hood/bumper wi thier best paint: basecoat/clearcoat. I'll be getting the bumper done for about $200 with the same paint cause i cant afford the $400. After that my car is up for sale. :( I hate to give my baby away but I went and test drove a '01 GT and a '00 Monte and im in love with another car so ill say goodbye to this one. :cry: :cry:

It's always sad to see a close friend hafta leave, just so you can get a new friend w/better hook-ups...//sigh//