Goddamn Air Dam!

GPXGRL

I hear the air dam (pictured in my sig) is a rare piece.. which makes me feel good considering my car is a dead ringer for the one in the photo, air dam included. But god forbids me from having nice things for long (proved by losing my real ruby and diamond ring and earrings..) because my air dam is officially FUCKED. I cracked it on both ends and the front piece (which sticks out) is scuffed the fuck up. There isn't even paint on the front tip anymore.

As you may figure, I wanted to fix/replace it. Easier for me, replacing it. So I don't have to deal with super glue like substances. I called junkyards and explained I needed an air dam... then I had to tell them it was a cosmetic piece, in short and mainly. After trying to explain any way I could WHAT THE FUCK AN AIR DAM IS, I gave up. They just didn't get it.

Another way to think of it is that the junk yard guys aren't necessarily just STUPID. Maybe it's b/c the piece is SO rare, that in fact most Grand Prix's don't have em. They wouldn't have been able to find one anyways, basically.

So now that leaves me with one question.. WHERE THE HELL CAN I GET A REPLACEMENT!? Or how the fuck can I ever... i mean EVER fix this? Bondo won't work b/c it's pretty plastic-like.

The main point of this really really long story is, does anyone know where to find one.. or how? or ANY ideas on what to do about this? Thanks, and sorry again for the length; I'm stoned.

Mine was missing when I got the car, so instead of fucking around trying to get a used one, I got one ordered in at the dealer.

It was $215 CDN though...

Annoying thing is I still don't have it installed, I'm not putting it on until I get the car painted in the spring!

• 2 weeks later...