Should I?

PJB

Should I put some pearl in the clear or not?  

1. 1. Should I put some pearl in the clear or not?

• Yes- make it look different
    • No- make it look like all other white 4 doors and leave it alone

If everything goes as planned the next few days my car will be painted Friday.

Everybody keeps telling me I should add some kind of pearl to the clear coat when it gets painted (my friend is painting it in his bodyshop). I really didnt want to do that because I want the car to look like all other white 4 door Cutlass Supremes so it doesnt stand out (I kinda hate having a car that stands out actually)but lately Ive been giving the pearl idea some thought.

Should I do it or not? If so what color pearl?

pearl to the clear is nice, but really expensive... another option, there is a glass dust you can add that give some really nice effect. It gives you a really deep color, although i dont know how it looks on white. I did it onmy motorcycle with a dark teal green and it turned out awesome. i'll see if i can find some pics of the paint i did to giveyou an idea, I added fine silver to the paint, then clear with silver flake, then clear with glass dust, then just plain clear... came out REALLY nice. it was a showbike quality paint.

- Justin

My friend says pearl is only around $20. I can get it for cost and Im not paying for the painting either (just the paint and clear).

He added some gold chips (metalflakes) to his '97 CS when he painted it. Its dark green.