Where to find TV monitors...

92turboLE

Does anyone know where you can find a Mobile Video monitor WITHOUT the bezel. I know that they sell monitors with no plastic housing for reasons of in dash (usually in place of an airbag) application.

My plan: To use the center console for a DIC and remove the DIC and place a TV monitor in its place. I figure it would have to be about a 7 inch from what i can tell by eyeballing it. I would then mold the DIC into the dash (like extend it out to the right). Anyone know where to get these type of monitors. if not i could use a regular one, but i want a more factory look to it.

- Justin

i like that one, but thats a hefty price tag. almost 400 bones... way out of my budget

I think i'll find a $100 one on Ebay and see how that works, then if i like it, maybe keep it or upgrande to a higher resolution one.

here is what im looking at:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3062526436&category=48608&rd=1

it is more then just a monitor - but thats alright, im only gonna use it for video input from the deck and i'll just disable the controls and built in speaker (i think it has one).

- Justin

ok, measured the bezel for the DIC. It is the EXACT dimensions of a 7 inch 16:9 aspect screen!!! It is exactly 6 inches across and 4 inches high so i baught a screen last night - well bid on it anyway for 39 bones. It is just the screen and associated electronics to make it work. No plastic housing. It should fit as the screen i baught, the over all dimensions are something like 153mm wide (the opening on the bezel is 151mm) and 105mm tall (opening on bezel is 103mm. So that should fit up perfectly flush and have enough overlap to secure it down. I Cant wait. I will post pics when i get it in.

- Justin

What're you gonna do with the DIC you have?

there is a reason i have 2 dashboards. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

secret project. Why you need one??? i have one out of an 89.

PM me if you want it. It is a VFD DIC.

- Justin

GOD DAMNIT!!!

i got outbid in the last 30 seconds for my monitor... Fuck ME!!!! stupid assholes... but $.50 more then me. I may have to track them down and kill them

sorry, a little pissed right now.

- Justin