Turbo Guys - your chance to shine - Question on ECU

92turboLE

Is there a difference in the ECU itself from a TGP versus a non turbo??? Would i be able to just slap a new chip into my existing ECU?

Keep in mind that im using a mechanical wastegate so i dont need wiring for that.

- Justin

Yeah, they are the same and the only thing you'll lose like you mentioned is the wastegate circuit. Also, make sure you switch to a 2 bar MAP sensor. Both 1 bar and 2 bar sensors work off the same voltage so you could really screw things up if you don't change it. :)

Yeah, they are the same and the only thing you'll lose like you mentioned is the wastegate circuit. Also, make sure you switch to a 2 bar MAP sensor. Both 1 bar and 2 bar sensors work off the same voltage so you could really screw things up if you don't change it. :)

im actually switching to a 3bar cuz i plan on going more then 14 PSI eventually. im getting it from a sycolne/typhoon setup (its an aftermarket map sensor - mybuddy has a bunch of spare sy/ty parts)

- Justin