godofthunder

ok, again, im thinking about saving up my money, and seeing what i can do next summer. If my GF's sis-in-law puts her Regal up for sale (98, LS, 3800, 33k miles, FE3, Metalic Red), i have first dibs. so, im going to save money like crazy anyways. Also, if I see a 2nd Gen GTP (3.8SC) or 1st Gen Aurora, i plan to move on.

But, I was thinking, what if i saved this money, and decided to invest it in the Cutlass instead? I just want to know what my options are. Yeah, I know the l67, that everyone would day. I also am kinda eyeing a 3400.

So, I guess I have a few questions to ask...

1) How long would it take to swtich over

2) Which would be easier (finding, installing, etc).

3) Either of them more reliable, or more troublesome?

4) Which is more economical?

jon

hell i'd say L67 for hp ratings, but for a better all around choice i'd say 3400 with a few mods with the cash you'll be saving from one motor to the other you'd have some to toss around. Fuck the L67, save for the new DOHC gm is puttin out! :wink:

not a big fan of either 3.4 (tdc or minivan motor). i like g-bodys. if you want a different motor than everyone else, get the aurora with the mini northstar. if you dont want a mini northstar (other v-6's are more economical) or want something different but going with what the people here are more familiar with, go with an olds 88 or 98 (cant remember which one it is) LSS with the L67. gtp would probably be the easiest to find. there are so many options, you could even find an old riviera t-type or something different like that.

see, im not a fan of the 3.4DOHC...and that would be a bit of change. I would like that DOCH, but not all the work associated with it (or the l67 either).

I love g-bodies too, but if i move on, its to something newer. In a few years, when I get out of school and what not, a G-body is our first project. but back to the w...

I like the auroras...but only the v8 (as in the first generation...with the big rear light).

The LSS was a 88, my neighbor has a 88Regency with the 3.8 N/A. While i like the idea....i dont really like that car. Id prefer an auoroa.

I do like the newer GTP....and they are easy to find. Id rather have a GTP, then a l67 in my cutlass.

But...ive heard that droping a 3400 in would almost be plug and play, is this correct? What would have to be changed? What wouldnt bolt up?

jon

:lol:

L67 for boat anchor! :D

though, I'm not sure what major problems it has... other than maybe changing the S/C oil :lol:

the only real difference will be in the swap...

and the LQ1 isn't all that bad... the work that you do on it isn't really hard, so much as it is time consuming

yeah, but if i put in the 3.4DOHC....dont you have to go and like redo the cluster and all too?

Im currious, how much of a drop in and go would the 3400, or even the newer 3100 be? I would think consid. less than the l67 or DOHC.

actually...i really wouldnt mind the S/c.....but id prefer it in the GTP or whatnot. Not enough time, money, or waste to put it in here

jon

why not a 3.5dohc from an intrigue? i dont even know if thats possible, but it is a W, and it does have mad power. I personally would not want the 3.4dohc, but a 3400 or even 3800NA sound good. My dream is L67, but others dont want to hear that. I dont get why they hate it so much.

Oh well, my $0.02

John

why not a 3.5dohc from an intrigue? i dont even know if thats possible, but it is a W, and it does have mad power. I personally would not want the 3.4dohc, but a 3400 or even 3800NA sound good. My dream is L67, but others dont want to hear that. I dont get why they hate it so much.

Oh well, my $0.02

John

not a 60 * V6, thats a 90* motor, too big for our cradles