I finally did it....its mine!

OldsmoBeast

Yes that's right.....I finally bought the 1997 Cutlass Supreme SL coupe....and its amazing.....i'll change my sig and put pics up eventually but I'm going for a joyride/registration trip!!!!

YK

Thanks everyone!

Yep I do also have a '91, but my mom's driving it now (However, after getting the 97 I feel sorry for her :lol: ) until it runs farther into the ground or we sell it. The Coupe is soooo different from the old sedan, in a lot of ways! they're both awesome cars but the coupe is much smoother and has amazing acceleration/brakes/handling in comparison. They are completely different beasts in my opinion, and that 3100 is way better than the 3.1...its smoother (prolly tranny) and feels like it has a longer torque curve. However, it had some issues (never buy a car as-is):

-Missing knobs for 2 of the 3 heater controls and those 2 little knobs for the stereo..the ones that control fade/balance and bass/treb. (sorta annoyying)

-One burnt out foglight (makes it ugly to look at after dark)

-Burnt out liscence plate light (will not safety without)

-Rear defrost not working (some places won't safety without that either)

-various other things...none really too important

But considering that I paid $CDN5100 for a car that (according to the canadian red book) is worth $CDN6750, I'm not too worried.

I took it to the emissions test and the guy said that he'd never seen an american V6 do so well...which worried me that i might have a clogged cat....but it doesn't bog down at all and it runs nice and smooth so i'll put that fear aside.

The major problem is that rear defrost. I had it checked out by one shop and they said that whoever put in the tints must have been using a razor to cut the excess off the sides and sliced through all of the wires in the defroster grid. He said this because he says he was getting voltage on either side of the grid but losing it as soon as the tint started. The glass shop says that you can usually see if the lines are broken, and the tint was such a clean job that its not likely that they could have pressed hard enough to break the grid while maintaining such straight lines and professionalism and not scratching the window. I'm leaving it alone for now because i don't need the extra expense, and I found a shop that doesn't require defrost to work to safety a car (appointment tomorrow).

EDIT: Oh yeah, and just prior to typing this, I put in a new foglight and liscence plate light and its looking fine :)

So yeah...everythings going pretty good. Thanks again to everyone for ur input and re-welcoming :D

Ciao for now

YK