GP tail lighte conversion (cheap too)

H.P.Productions

this topic has come and gone at least 3 or 4 times since i have come on here. We have come to the final conclusion everytime, that DOT does not have any specific rules against or for this, and if you are worried about getting a ticket, ask your local police. And as for being able to see the brake lights, there really isn't that much of a difference, you can still see it, even in the middle of the day. But on the ticket front, I know of lots of people on ClubGP, and a couple on here that have done this, and none have gotten a ticket to my knowledge!

can I just get the led's at an auto parts store?

i'm looking into get the body workk done on my car and lowering it now but I wanna do this when I paint my car in the summer

I saw a gp with this mod in person yesterday and it looks alot better with the colored peices, pluss when the brake lightes are on the red leds looked brighter than my regular bulbs threw red plastic.......

I'm gonna do this for sure but I kinda wanna get the plastic peice that holds the bulbs cromed so the look like a set of euro tails......(if i do the crome in the tail lightes i'ma also crome my grills and get crome badges

• 2 weeks later...

I took the plastic pieces out too, but I couldn't find red bulbs anywhere except online. They were also kinda expensive. I redisigned the red and used yellow/orange bulbs in my blinkers (which are sold locally for cheap). Aftr seeing the picture of what mine would have looked like had I stuck to my origional plan, IMO I like mine better the way they are now.

i used red cone shaped bulbs for trailers and then put the leds inside those. they are about $1.50 each and are made by blazer. you still have the red reflection when lights hit them and they light up just as bright. i painted the inside to match the color of my car . voila custom tail lights.

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/erok01/detail?.dir=/1995+Grand+Prix-exterior&.dnm=white+tailight.jpg