Blinker issue....

jeremy

I have another minor "quirk" with my '97 Cutty. When I put the blinker on, it blinks a couple of times, then it "sticks" for a few seconds, then it blinks again, then "sticks", then blinks.....there is no pattern and it doesn't matter which blinker I use, sometimes they click correctly other times it sticks on, then other times it sticks off....

any ideas? My battery/alternator are less than 1 year old and are working correctly.

thanks in advance.

it isnt the switch, it is the flasher itself, not the relay or switch.... i have had this problem many times. the relay only controls where the blinkers flas (right or left) the switch just controls on or off. the flasher is what controls the flashing of it. It is located (at least on mine) kinda above and to the right of the steering column inder the dash. They are 1.99 at checker. Try that first, i would almost promise you thats what it is.

- Justin

• 1 month later...
I have another minor "quirk" with my '97 Cutty. When I put the blinker on, it blinks a couple of times, then it "sticks" for a few seconds, then it blinks again, then "sticks", then blinks.....there is no pattern and it doesn't matter which blinker I use, sometimes they click correctly other times it sticks on, then other times it sticks off....

any ideas? My battery/alternator are less than 1 year old and are working correctly.

thanks in advance.

Check another thing out as well. I am experiencing problems with my signals as well.

Check to see if the flash cycle returns if you move the signal lever around. If it does then it might be the switch.

If not I would replace the flash module, which is around the steering column, as others have described.

See Jeremy, isn't it nice to have some help and answers instead of some smart ass remarks....

Cheers and good luck.

answers are nice too :D

moving the lever around didn't effect it at all though.....

Only you can ultimately answer the question as we are not in your car.

Seems to point toward the flasher module, replace it. From what someone else said it is cheap.

D