Trunk lock cylinder.

jiggity76

Got the power trunk release solenoid and hinge off just don't know how to remove the lock cylinder.  Does it screw out?  Underside shot from the trunk lid.

8peGyx.jpg

Pic of the lock cylinder, key insertion on the outside of the deck lid.

xDzEsy.jpg

lock cylinders are typically held in by a clip, you should be able to use a flathead screwdriver to pry the clip off from the inside and the lock cylinder will come out through the outside.

• Like 1

lock cylinders are typically held in by a clip, you should be able to use a flathead screwdriver to pry the clip off from the inside and the lock cylinder will come out through the outside.

Ok, thank you.  I'll give it a try. 

this is a door lock cylinder that I had laying around. You should have something almost identical to this, this is the same basic idea every trunk lock cylinder I've ever changed has been. In the picture you can see the barbs on either side, what you're looking for is a clip that appears to be made out of sheet metal and it should be black. it will be catching those barbs once you get into it you'll see

post-3252-0-24899600-1503598124_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the picture, really awesome that you did that.  I'll let you know how it all goes down.  My 91 car is bad but the 89 car has a good one.  Only way I can get into the trunk is by using the power trunk release.  Be nice to be able to use the key.

Did you find a Regal?

yeah I've got money down on one but still fighting with the insurance company.

in my thread there's pictures of the one in Kansas that I'm buying

Very nice, missed the thread somehow.  I found a real nice one in Washington area, probably too far away but very cool.  There's another one in the St. Louis area but needs a lot of work.

Since my 89 car is so rusty, I totally missed the plate on the underside of the deck lid that holds the lock cylinder in.  I went and looked at the 91 car and since it's a Oklahoma car, no rust and saw it clear as day.

I'm guessing I have to drill out the rivet and the lock plate should come out releasing the cylinder.  I will mess with it next week and it should go easy I hope!  Thanks again Imp558, sorry I didn't see it before.

xcQTMc.jpg

Drilled out the rivet for the lock cylinder retainer on both cars and got the 89 good cylinder switched out in the 91 car.  All the cylinders work now.  I had to replace the ignition cylinder, both door lock cylinders and finally the trunk one. 

• Like 2