IL_pilot

Hi all. New to the forum, and new W-body owner. Been lurking for a couple of weeks and finally decided to register and say hello, it looks like you have a good webfourm here.

Car is a '92 Regal coupe with 67,000. Was a grandma car, then a "3 miles to the train and back" commuter. When I got it, the paint had rail dust embedded in it, felt like sandpaper. Got that out with a clay bar, now it feels showroom new (though it's still beige).

So far it's bone stock, since I've gotten her, I've done the oil, plugs, wires, fuel and air filters, PCV valve and cleaned the throttle body. I'll be running a can of top engine cleaner through one of these days, and hope to start adding a few things of my own.

Anybody have to replace a passenger side power mirror? Stealership wanted $160 for the mirror, unpainted. Advanced had 2 differant part numbers, but none matched up to my OEM #'s. What I'm thinking of doing is just ordering both, and seeing which one fits (previous owner backed into the garage, and busted the whole assembly up)

Thanks,

Mike O'Malley

Welcome Mike. You'll find much information on this board, as well as some great guys and girls. What other cars have you owned? Good luck with your regal I hope you keep it a long time!

Thanks for the tip on Ebay, the prices there looked about the same as the aftermarket ones I found at Autozone, they'll be in Wednesday, so we'll see. At least I know the differance between the two (why would GM put two differant stud patterns on the same car?!)

She's got the Series I 3800, and boy I love that torque. My previous ride was a '95 Grand Am SE, 3 speed with a four bagnger is NOT fun. She was laid to rest at 129,000 after I was cut off by a Winnebago between Philidelphia and Baltimore and lost control at 75. Went across 3 lanes sideways and hit the ditch at about 60 or so. Body damage wasn't too bad, front suspension was FUBAR'ed and the LR wheel broke off at the bearing. Kind of pissed me off; engine was going strong, wasn't leaking anything too bad, still got 30+ mpg on the highway.

Sorry, no pictures yet, of the car at least. Just some random stuff on pbase: http://www.pbase.com/momalley81 . I'll post some pics when I get a chance though. Just got to fix a piece of trim on the front bumper...