2001 Grand Prix Rockers

bing98

Outer rockers are readily replaceable from the aftermarket. It's the inner components that are a bit more difficult to obtain. GM sells some parts, but most have been discontinued. 

I'm hoping someone here has enough experience with these cars to answer this question:

In 2004 Pontiac introduced a re-designed Grand Prix. The car looked totally different than 97-03 generation, but my understanding is that it was still a w-body with the exact same wheelbase.

Are the floor pan and quite possibly the inner rocker and the rocker reinforcements on the 2nd and 3rd generation w-bodies the same or at least close enough to make them work?

I am finding that the inner rockers and rocker reinforcements for the 3rd gen are still available from gm. I know I can't rely on the GM parts diagrams 100% but when you compare them they look identical. I can't imagine why they wouldn't show compatible on the website if they were, but who knows.

Is there a GM parts guy on here that might be able to expand on this?

Thanks

Mike