exhaust clips of my Prix's..inside

mfewtrail

Finally figured out how to use the webspace(20mb per screenname..can have up to 7 sn's so 120mb total..but I only have three sn's and I'm on dial-up so I'm not going to be using more than 20mb most likely..no clue on monthly bandwidth limits if there are any) that I'm provided w/ through aol...

The setup on each prix is as follows

93 Grand Prix SE(3.1 MPFI) = 30 series flowmaster in place of cat, then 2.5'' mandrel bent piping out the back ran in the stock "dual exhaust" fashion and exits into two non-resonated dual dual 3'' tips(see www tab for pics of those :wink: )

01 Grand Prix GTP - stock..made a clip "for the hell of it"

http://www.members.aol.com/platjblser/vids_exhaustclips/

now for an explanation of the files there....

the "93GPexhaustClip" was recorded earlier today..well technically yesterday since it's 5am..it was a clip of it idling right after being started in low 30* weather = loud

"93GP...takeoff" = just as it looks to be, taking off down the road in the GP w/ my friend recording on the side of the road in my circle driveway

the "93GP...flowmaster" is an old clip I made at the beginning of this year, it consist of idling and revving a bit

the 01 GTP clip was recorded up close to the exhaust tips(like 5ft away)..

None of the clips are recorded w/ the greatest quality but give you a good idea of how the cars sound.

Enjoy! and let me know if they quit working :wink:

I have to say, that sounds pretty damn sweet. It sounds kinda like it was a V8, except for the idle, which sounds like a V6, but that's not a bad thing. Like I say; A 6 cylinder engine is my economy engine! :)

the idle doesn't sound like a V6(the 01 does..not the 93) :wink: ..the clips don't sound exactly like the car does..if ya' could only hear it in person 8) ..I'm going to have some videos soon since I'm getting a digital camcorder for x-mas, from what I've seen the camcorders do a better job of sound recording and sound almost identical to how things really sound.

Maybe I'm the only one with this problem, but all of those files are in .html format and none of my media players will run the files. How do you play a sound file that is in html format?

Maybe I'm the only one with this problem, but all of those files are in .html format and none of my media players will run the files. How do you play a sound file that is in html format?
'

are you streaming the files or saving them and opening them? do you use a mac or something :wink: ...they download as .wav files that play in windows media player for me, also prompt windows media player to open when I stream the clips...no clue why you would be having a problem w/ them

edit: anyone else having this problem? if so, I'll rename them on the server w/ the .wav extentions on the end and see if that works..if it doesn't I'll upload them again w/ the .wav extentions later

Well I got it to work. In case anyone else has the same problem, when I click on the files they showed up as HTML files. I had to manually change the file extension to .WAV, then they played fine. Sounds good man!!

Just rename them as a wav file.

Just rename them as a wav file.

trying out one like that now :wink:

renamed them, should work for everyone now..sorry to those that downloaded .html files :wink: :lol: ...I'm a newbie at using this shitty aol ftp/homepage stuff so I have a lot to learn

Sounds good man!!

thanks!

DAMN that sounds good as hell. I like the sound thats what i am looking for out of my 3.4.

thanks again for the kind comments 8) I should upload the clip I have of my 63 GMC truck just for kicks..lol

kudos on the nice sounds. what exactly is done to the 93 GP in that first clip?

deef :worship:

"93 Grand Prix SE(3.1 MPFI) = 30 series flowmaster in place of cat, then 2.5'' mandrel bent piping out the back ran in the stock "dual exhaust" fashion and exits into two non-resonated dual dual 3'' tips(see www tab for pics of those ) " from the first post.. :wink: ...it's basically stock save for the exhaust..a different t-stat and a rigged up intake...I've got another motor going into the car later though...might try to get it in at the end of next month during my break from school but I'm still waiting on a few things for the car that I need.

I've been trying to tell everyone how good the 3.1 sounds with just about any aftermarket performance muffler. Now, we finally have some proof. They're just nasty sounding motors. One of my AWDs came with a Cherry Bomb Vortex, and I LOVE the way it sounds. I like the way everyone snaps to attention as it roars when leaving a stop sign or stop light with a "WTF is that" look on their faces. :lol:

Now if only they had the power to match the sound. :(

Now if only they had the power to match the sound. :(

mine will have a little more to back up the sound later :wink: ...but hopefully it will keep nearly the same sound.....just slap some mufflers on your TSTE and TGP and you will have the sound and the power 8) ...my dad has no mufflers on the TGP a magnaflow high-flow cat and a resonator and the TGP sounds pretty mean..clips of it will be uploaded soon as I get a chance to record them :oops:

...just slap some mufflers on your TSTE and TGP and you will have the sound and the power 8)

Oh trust me, that's going to be the first modification next spring. :wink:

...my dad has no mufflers on the TGP a magnaflow high-flow cat and a resonator and the TGP sounds pretty mean..

That wouldn't fly to well, here. I've already gotten pulled over for the AWD exhaust. "Do you have a hole in your muffler, sir? You should get that looked at because that doesn't sound normal". :lol: I just played dumb when he said "hopefully that's what it is, because it is illegal to put on louder mufflers". Yeah.....I leave in a REALLY stuck up town with some severly bored cops. The kind that find the most nit-picking law possible to pull you over with....like when a cop told my friend it's illegal to have anything hanging from your rear view mirror! :shock:

wow..damn nazi cops :lol: ...around here they dont' really care how loud your car is or about other modifications...thank god for no smog/emissions checks around here(except in a few surrounding counties/cities). I had one cop that was leaning down trying to look under my car at a license check when his buddy let me go on through, he was standing w/ his ear nearly up to the exhaust tip on the drivers side when i took offf :lol: ...I bet half of them around here would believe me if I said my exhaust manifold had a built-in catalytic converter :wink: