Brake lights going crazy.

phantomshado

This is weird. really weird. as of late I've noticed that my brake lights are out and then not. The left one always works, and the right and center sometimes do. Furthermore, my cruise unit will work on occasion, but as soon as I press the accel button on it, it will come out of cruise. I know that the cruise is, in essence, fused by the brake lights. Is this all connected, and what do I need to do. The bulbs are all fine, and the wiring is still good.

I think it may be the swithc that is underneath of the brake pedal,

Please help me all. Thanks a million everyone.

its most likely the turn signal switch, a very common problem with our cars, not too hard to replace but it takes a few minutes and a couple bucks, not the cheapest repare but definetaly not one of the expensive ones

I still have turn signals. Its the brake lights that are acting like a drunk monkey. Maybe the cruise unit contacts are worn out in the turn signal switch, however that is not my main priority. I need brake lights, all of you in snow will know what I'm talking about with people rearending people due to lack of vision.

Man I love it when the snow blows sideways.

It would help to know what kind of car you have. Before you go tearing the steering wheel apart and all do this..... Unplug the connector into the Cruise Control module under the hood. Yes, I know that your cruise will not work, but if this is the problem (which I think it is) then your break lights will work fine. Trust me I know....