the 1993 po option

cutty collector

Back in 1993 when I was working at a gm dealer as an apprentice I can remember people complaining about the automatic lock feature when the car was put into gear .It wasn't even so much the auto lock as the fact that it didn't unlock when put back in park or neutral .Has anybody added this feature to a 93 cutlass

I would hope not. I'm driving a 94 Cavalier with that option right now and it's a total pain in the ass. The funny thing is that the feature only works on the passenger door but not the driver's. 

I would hope not. I'm driving a 94 Cavalier with that option right now and it's a total pain in the ass. The funny thing is that the feature only works on the passenger door but not the driver's. 

That sh!t can be gutted in twenty minutes, on your knees, in twenty-degree weather--and it costs NOTHING on a W-body.  It would take even less time in heated comfort; or doing it the second or third time on other vehicles.  Therefore, I wouldn't put up with that locking nightmare for more than twenty minutes.  The procedure is bound to be the same--or similar--on a Cavalier.

http://www.hbassociates.us/automaticdoorlockfix.html

A person would have to be completely barking insane to WANT that hateful crap on their vehicle.

I didn't even know the Lumina had a chime for the blinker. My Cutlass does and it's the most annoying sound the car makes. I'll have to see if the Cavalier has it the same way. 

I added it to my truck and blazer. They lock at 10MPH though and not when put in gear. I like having the feature because I've had people try to open my doors when they aren't wanted.

The 1994 has the feature but it also unlocks I would like to add that then it would be a great safety feature.Does anyone know if its plug and play? I believe the option was added for safety in event of a crash to prevent the doors from opening which would be catastrophic as the seat belt could cut you in half with the door mounted belts

I believe it's as simple as pulling a fuse on the cavalier.

I believe it's as simple as pulling a fuse on the cavalier.

The Cavalier has an "automatic unlock" fuse but will still lock the doors if the power lock fuse is in. Sadly, that also disables the horn if the locks are disabled. 

The Cavalier has an "automatic unlock" fuse but will still lock the doors if the power lock fuse is in. Sadly, that also disables the horn if the locks are disabled. 

Cut the light blue wire at the chime module's C200 connector.

• Like 1