Hood Ornament Compatibility

smittyinside

I have a 1994 Buick Regal Limited with a missing hood ornament (damn thieves). I called the dealership, and they quoted me a price of $80 for a new one (!!??!!). So I'm planning on going to the junkyard/looking on Ebay for a new one, and I have a question for the w-body.com crew: What year/models can I look for hood ornaments off of for my car?

Thanks in advance!

c'mon, regal guys...

Well I'd look at what kind of shape they have the original ornament sit in, usually like an upside down pyramid. Then go to a yard and get the tri-shield with the right bottom, I would really guess they all use the same basic bottom shape, but check to be sure. Check all the Century's, Park A's, Roadmasters....

i went to the junk yard n ripped one off of a fellow regal but when i was looking the all really looked the same on the bottom and if u wanted those r pocket stuffers no need to pay so grab a bunch of them :wink:

cheap easy fix:

1. buy a $5 pair of wire cutters...(if you don't already have a pair)

2. Find regal with your style ornament.

3. Lift ornament up.

4. Cut wire.

5. Leave quickly.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the input everyone...So I guess the guy at the dealership was bullshitting me when he was like "You can only use one off of a 1994 Buick Regal Limited, since the others have different shaped hoods."

Thanks for the input everyone...So I guess the guy at the dealership was bullshitting me when he was like "You can only use one off of a 1994 Buick Regal Limited, since the others have different shaped hoods."

Did the guy at the stealership have a nametag with "Saddam" or "Adolph" on it? Can't trust those guys. :wink:

:lol:

The hoods from 93 to 96 are identical. 91-92 have a deeper dip at the front [shorter grill] but it may the same slope where the ornament bolts it. Honestly, I don't think I've seen a 93-96 with an ornament.

Time for me to start looking again.