Automatic Headlights

Rob95CS

I want to rig this up in my Cutlass. I ALWAYS drive with my headlights on, so why not have them turn on when the car is started or turned to acc? How would I accomplish this? I did a search, but no results.

You'd have to link the wiring to the ignition switch.

With the turn of the key you would have lights.

As to how this culd be done, well... you *could* hot-wire to the ignition switch and leave your light swtich on at all times.

- Erik

Like what Redfox said, it can be accomplished.

What I'm concerned about is that it takes additional load from the battery while trying to start it. Additional load from the battery is not good during the cold winter time.

I have a battery booster pack (one man jump starter) so I'm not concerned. Plus my car turns right over, no probs. I'll see what I can do. I might be able to put a toggle switch inline for it if I ever need to disable it.

Like what Redfox said, it can be accomplished.

What I'm concerned about is that it takes additional load from the battery while trying to start it. Additional load from the battery is not good during the cold winter time.

Engaging the parking brake prior to start. On my Z34 and my old lumina and the new gm's I have drivin it kills the headlights till the brake is released )

look what red fox posted and think deeply he said hot wire the ignition switch n leave your head light switch on at all times if u dont want your head lights to go on switch the lights off

damn im smart