Does anybody sell new Auto Body Parts

Dark Ride

The TGP badly needs a new hood and finding one around here that is worth more than scrap metal seems to be impossible.  Does any place carry new auto body parts?  All I can find are junkyards.  Thanks!

There are new ones available, but they're aftermarket and fitment might not be the same. Junkyard would be the option I would take because there are lots of good oem hoods still around down here(not so many with louvers but they can be cut for them).

Hoods are one of those things where its better to get OEM than aftermarket. Plastic panels are okay to do aftermarket but metal panels aren't always up to par. Sometimes the metal seems cheaper, sometimes it's more flimsy.

Hoods almost always have fitment issues. I know that's the case between the OEM SS Camaro hood on the 4th gens and the aftermarket ones.

Check car-part.com. There are quite a few of them out there.  I don't know if any are close to you.  What's wrong with your existing one?

Wow. I guess i didnt realize the aftermarket ones were that bad. Glad i asked. The original tgp hood has two different rust holes that went completely through. How much can you repair a junkyard hood to make it like new again?  Someone once told me you cant use any kind of bondo/body filler or a hood because it will crack.

It depends on the condition of the hood.  You can use some filler.  the hood does flex a bit, but not enough to crack filler unless it's being caked in there a lot, which it shouldn't be anyway.  There are flexible filler options too.  

When I built my 97 Cutlass Coupe from a minor wreck in 2007 I couldn't find a used factory hood anywhere. So, I went with an aftermarket hood. It started to rust about 2 years after I painted it, and completely fell apart in 2012. At that point I found a perfect used factory hood, painted and replaced it. All is good now. 

• Like 1