Bought another one!

jiggity76

Bought another International coupe today!  It's listed on craigslist 1989 Olds Cutlass Supreme in MN (Byron).  Runs good and shifts good but doesn't have any rear brakes right now due to blown rear brake line.  I played around with all the electronics and everything works perfect!  Both seats work too including all power switches!  Does not have ABS which I didn't want and has the 3.1 V6.  The coolest thing is that I bought it from the original 76 year old owner!  He bought it from Viking Olds dealer back in 89 and the dealer is still going but has switched names.  Still has the badge on the truck lid.  He also has all the service records and the original window sticker!  I'll post more pics when I pick it up in a couple of weeks.  Can someone run the VIN for me for production numbers?  Curious and excited to know more about it.

• Like 3

1989 numbers probably won't be had. GM only started keeping track in 1990 for U.S. sold cars and trucks (except the Corvette, Camaro and Firebird and some others).

I'll try that, thanks!  Yeah, the car does have some rust being from MN.  I looked at it pretty good underneath and all the mounts for suspension components including the rear trailing arms are good.  Some rust on the rockers underneath the trim and a little on both quarters behind the rear wheels.  Car has been in a storage building since 09 so that has helped.  Using it for a daily driver and eventually parting it out for my 91 International project.  Really bought it for all the working electronics and the exceptionally working DIC, extra set of pie alloys, fog lamps and brackets.  The only thing I think that doesn't work is the power antenna.  Haven't tried the cruise control and it's out of ac Freon.  Window, locks, seats, dash, heater, ECC and even the original key fobs work!

Comp Nine has some cars back into the 80s, kind of hit or miss.

ps blown rear brake line is usually from corrosion (salt on roads).

1981-1989 Canada sold cars and trucks only.

Thanks!  With the brake line busted, I couldn't drive it home today.  I don't have a truck and trailer so I have to wait on my farmer buddy's schedule to open up in a couple of weeks.  Maybe I won't part it out and just fix it up but I really don't need two Internationals, torn between what to do with it now!  Maybe I do need two International right now!  I'll eventually make a decision, don't have to right now.  Got plenty of time.  Is the DIC a rare option in these cars?  Anybody know?