DIC question.

jiggity76

Think it is pulling data from the ALDL stream so as long as the same sequence it may work with a 3.1 or 3.4 but would be different programming for a 3.8

Not sure what the ALDL stream is but thanks for the info.  I have a 91 3.4 DOHC car and wondered if it would work.  Is it plug and play or a lot of wiring splicing?  Would I just have to switch over the mounting bracket where my cubby storage is right now next to my HUD switch?  Found a 89 car, not sure if it's got the 2.8 or 3.1.  Going to look at it on Sunday.

If your car has ECC, it MAY be pre-wired for the DIC. It may be even without ECC. It also should work okay for the datastream.

ALDL - Assembly Line Data Link - a serial data bus that runs around the car. - Like OBD-II but earlier (1981-1995)

DataStream - The format of the serial data sent on the ALDL

ok so does anyone have or know where i can get some internal pics for a gen3 Driver Information Center with digital display. I am specifically looking for the Traction control side with lights.

Thanks Robert
MD6S0nq.jpg

ok so does anyone have or know where i can get some internal pics for a gen3 Driver Information Center with digital display. I am specifically looking for the Traction control side with lights.

Thanks Robert

That's a second gen unit.  What exactly are you trying to do?

That's a second gen unit.  What exactly are you trying to do?

That's weird that's in my gen 3, well I have an odd idea I want to do so need to know what wires go to the lights and switch for a different/custom dic

You don't have a Gen 3.  Your car is a second gen.

If you open up the DIC the board is pretty simple. There's not much going on in there. The TRAC OFF and LOW TRAC lights are just pins on the connector I'm pretty sure.

If you open up the DIC the board is pretty simple. There's not much going on in there. The TRAC OFF and LOW TRAC lights are just pins on the connector I'm pretty sure.

So a 2002 is a gen 2? 

Yeah I am looking to remove the dic completely other than tcs

Yeah I am looking to remove the dic completely other than tcs

All you should need is a momentary contact switch.  I'm 99% sure it's not some special data bus thing, someone should have a pinout of the connector.

All you should need is a momentary contact switch.  I'm 99% sure it's not some special data bus thing, someone should have a pinout of the connector.

Yeah it looks like one main plug on the back, I have a pinout I think on my laptop. If I remember correctly I think there is 3 wires that are marked as part of the tcs system.

ref gens: my GTP does not look like any of those.

Yours is the 1st refresh. That picture was of a 88-91 Grand Prix.

Not really, your car is considered gen1 regardless of your body kit engine or lights. Most of the stuff in between interchangea