Turn signals broke! Need help

crunkGP96

The turn signals broke on my 95 GTP. The turn signal handle got really hard to move and well looks like I broke whatever inside now because it just goes up and down now without getting stuck anywhere when I go back and forth with it.

Anyone now what I need to replace and how to do it? Has never happened in any of my previous GP's. Need to fix it asap as it's pretty unsafe!

I also need a non power antenna assembly if anyone has one. Tried replacing the current one with a NOS grand am one I had and never got it to work correctly. Car is running great besides that. Please help! Mainly with the turn signals!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately, can't find the old write up anymore. To replace, disconnect the battery, remove air bag, pull steering wheel, beware of the horn contact relay thing, unplug the TSS, unbolt it. There are three small bolts that hold it. Some if not a lot or all of the plastic trim needs to be removed. Basic hand tools, other than the steering wheel puller. Oh, and a snap ring pliers those do come in handy.

Not sure why a grand am antenna wouldn't work. Almost any universal antenna at the local parts store should work.

34957b72c100cfc576a30667d6e9a087.jpg

This is my problem. I don't know if it's worn or what but it's not popping back correctly in place when switching back and forth. It's not broken. Lubing it and cleaning it and see how it goes

Yea I figured it out. Bought a new turn signal switch last night which has the whole plastic assembly that is doing the problem. Switching it out in a bit

the lock ring compressor isn't very expensive tool from an auto parts store. AutoZone rents them. every GM car from the 90s is going to require the use of that tool.

oh yeah last time my turn signal switch broke I pulled the airbag off and found a note I wrote to myself in Sharpie marker with the date I put the last one in and it turned out it was under lifetime warranty. if I wouldn't have written that I would have never remembered because it was years ago.

Got it fixed. Was the turn signal switch. Thanks for all the help guys. That lock ring compressor and steering wheel puller where definitely needed. I really appreciate all the help I get on this forum. You guys are awesome. Now for an antenna lol

Car still gets plenty of looks. I relocated down south and I have yet to see another one. Got more compliments than when I lived in the Midwest.