Noisy door holder thing.

ron350

I am talking about the Check Link assembly that holds the door open in two different positions.

The drivers side Check Link on my 96 regal started making a grinding noise recently. After 20 years with no attention my drivers side Link has a good bit of wear and was screaming for grease.

The Check Link rod has two steel rollers on each edge of the bar that needs to be greased. I used long wooden handle q-tips to get the grease in on both rollers.

All you have to do is remove the bolt holding the end of the link then remove the rubber cover and prop the door open and grease.

post-372-0-55372600-1468123089_thumb.jpg

post-372-0-63449200-1468123138_thumb.jpg

First time I saw a clean door well all week other than mine. :thumbsup:

I used 3n1 oil mixed with the little bit of S/C oil left in the bottle and got a vacuum line that fit on the end to squirt the oil were I needed it. Unfortunatley it was too late for the drives side but it help the passenger side out alot, on my `94 CS. Now just need to remember to do the rest of the fleet.

Wish oil had of worked on mine

I tried oil on the drivers side Link for one day. The grinding noise got louder so i switched to Green grease and that made the noise change to just a sliding sound. I put a good bit of grease on and around those rollers and so far the doors are staying open like they should.