1997 Cutlass Supreme Coupe...What do you think?

OldsmoBeast

Should I buy a 1997 CS Coupe?  

1. 1. Should I buy a 1997 CS Coupe?

• Yes
    • No (I am posting with a reason)
    • Maybe (I am posting with a deciding factor)

Okay so basically, theres this Red 2-Door 1997 Cutlass Supreme not far from here....it appears to be in good condition and the price is right for me. I still haven't taken a look at it yet but I know that the 3100 was the only engine for that particular year because the good ol DOHC was dropped. Is this car worth buying (I will be selling off the old 91 sedan soon) or should I move on and get something else? I want a CS coupe but if its going to suck I might consider getting a 1999 Cop car or something....thanks!

YK

They are really good cars, but what are some ups and downs? pros and cons? And available options? What should I expect to find in a '97 Coupe? It would be really cool if it had a lip-type spolier on the back, but i know that was more common in the convertibles....hmmm... By the look of the picture it DOESN'T have a moonroof.....so would that make it part of a certain package? if so, what do these options packages include?

Thanks again!

YK

They are really good cars, but what are some ups and downs? pros and cons? And available options? What should I expect to find in a '97 Coupe? It would be really cool if it had a lip-type spolier on the back, but i know that was more common in the convertibles....hmmm... By the look of the picture it DOESN'T have a moonroof.....so would that make it part of a certain package? if so, what do these options packages include?

Thanks again!

YK

this thread has some pics of mine '97, totally loaded...except for cd deck, it even has that dumb lip spoiler/lights that everyone likes for some reason....

http://www.w-body.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8961

Sweet ride!

UPDATE: heres the link to that one on autotrader

http://www.trader.ca/Search/Details.asp?mknm=746&Region=&subcategory=&UID=04826667759B44DA9B0EAB77A222FAA5&CAT=1

also, I found a new listing for a 1995 red CS coupe for a few hundred more but it apparently has all the options including moonroof and leather! I might have to check that one out too...

Ok so heres another update (I'm at work so this will be kept short..)

I went and drove the car and its in perfect shape top and bottom....(except for a little blemish in one of the tail lights) and it even has the lip spoiler too! The dude is asking for $5650 Canadian but I have a $5000 limit. I told him and he said that the car is worth more than that and that he can't accept 5 grand. How much is this car REALLY worth? Its a florida car and its got all of 103,000 MILES on it. any ideas? do you think he'd get the full 5650?

Thanks y'all!

YK

Well, I guess i'll have to work something out when it comes to price...hopefully he'll come through....Tomorrow, i'm going to the DMV to get the car's history, and he's agreed to let me take the car to my own mechanic (which i have to find :lol: ) to inspect it, so we'll see how it goes...hopefully i won't be late for class either :lol: I'm doing this during my lunch at school (lunch+spare = a couple of hours to get it all done)

so pray for me! i really like this one!

Thanks!

YK