Dic and fan Dead on my 02 gtp

Daermos

Ok so has anyone seen this? My dic went on and off a couple times came on and when I try to turn fan on I hear what sounds like a relay but blower does not come on and The DIC shuts off.

Anyone know what this is?

As always thanks

• 7 months later...

I have a similar issue where my fan, cruise control, and DIC are all off when I start my car.  All come back at the same time after several minutes (now sometimes 20+).

Were you able to fix this problem?

Sadly I have not fixed this problem yet, with the research that I have done it seems that the possible cause could be something with ignition switch harness but not 100% sure

WHICH "fan" is the one giving problems?  Primary engine cooling fan?  Secondary engine cooling fan?  HVAC fan?

Look at the wiring schematics, figure out what the "fan" and the DIC (and cruise control?) have in common.

I looked up a 99 GTP. There's a splice (s206) that is a common spot. It's located in the harness to the right side of the steering column about 2" from the data link according to Alldata. It's going to be about a 16 gauge wire, brown in color. It will be a crimp wrapped in like a black duct tape.

That sounds suspiciously like either a bad connection...once current flows, contact resistance jumps up, and current drops.  Possible ground issue?  Does the fan continue running after the DIC cuts off, or does the fan stop as well?

He is talking about the dash fan for hvac as well as dic. I only have #5 for blower, and the doc cuts out as soon as I turn fan onto #5 for heat.

Yup, S206 is a splice where a power wire enters and then goes different directions, to the HVAC and to the DIC. Like Schurkey said, look at the prints and find what they have in common. They have S206 in common so that's where we start. If you re-do S206 and it doesn't help then you work from S206 both directions with a voltmeter or ohmmeter to find the bad spot. This could even be a cold crimp or dirty terminal at the fuse box.