Trailer hitch opinions

pshojo

I've decided I might as well keep my sedan a little longer, now that I'm putting power steering unit in it. 

I use my bicycle during the summer, and therefore need a hitch to connect my stand to. 

What hitches have you put on your wbodies, what do you like? my old car had one that barely cleared the rear bumper and most bike racks did not fit directly. Had to make extender. 

http://www.autoanything.com/towing/77A3874A3696202.aspx?kc=ffsku&k_clickid=74b3dd84-32c5-43c0-a4d2-c5b77f0454c7&adgroupid=5399&k_trackingid=274x80174267528&kpid=69057-10279-3874-12069&productid=80174267528&gclid=CJDRzZCS5MwCFQYIaQodO1cPJw

I used the curt hitch. It was advertised as class 2 although it says 2k lb limit on it, which is a class 1 rating. O well. I would probably lose my trunk floor if I were to exceed that anyway. I liked it because it went up and over the unibody rails. Not sure what other ones do. If you are looking for something closer to the end of the bumper, the curt unit is not for you. Mine is very tucked up and away. The top portion of the hitch is actually covered by the rear bumper cover.

looks like they are on sale.  I think I had the drawtite on my other car.  I will take a measurement later today.  Do you have picture or some way of measuring from the hole to the end of the bumper on your car?

I'd much rather have a hitch-mount than a trunk mount like I have for my bikes...it's a bit of a pain to have to install/remove with all of its straps, etc to the deck lid.  That and my pedals don't quite clear the back bumper if they're in a certain position with the bike in the middle slots.  Only the outer position really does the bike completely clear the bumper, so I've torn up the bumper a bit when I forget to spin the pedal out of the way when putting the bike on.

It sits so the top portion of the 1 1/4" square is covered by the bottom of the bumper. Basically, if you looked straight into the square, you would not see the top edge. It is just bumper then hole. And yes it is pretty much touching.