AQ9 seats

Padgett

My 1993 GTP has the AQ9 seats but Katskin does not list covers for a '93 - stops at '94. Were the same seats used in any later (94, 95 ?) W-Bodies or anything else ? 

post-9662-0-77960200-1459351742_thumb.jpgpost-9662-0-77960200-1459351742_thumb.jpg

They went as far back as 88.  I doubt you're going to find a kit for an AQ9 anywhere.  And having them reupholstered is an insane amount of money.

I meant were they used on any later car ('94, '95) or was '93 the last year. Just needs to use the same seat covers.

Have sheepskin covers on them now so no rush, was quoted $1500 for the pair by an ex$pen$ive shop.

Edited by Padgett

93 was the last year you could get all the adjustments, 94-96 had an upper trim lvl bucket seat that looks almost identical but doesn't have the split in the leg area or the adjustments

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Pretty much every single part about the seats stops at 1993. 94-96 is totally different. 

the AQ9's are their own animal, and I totally believe the $1500 figure to recover them, they are a downright nightmare to work on. 

Well I have some Amazon special sheepkinish on them now.

The Reatta 16ways I have in the Reattae are close but just a single lumbar. Does have power recline though.

That icon looks like my cousin Cassandra

Maybe you could try leather repair instead of re-upholstery?

Some pics I've seen look like people can perform miracles on bad leather.  I did buy a DIY kit once to try on my Grand Prix which had the same seats in worse condition than yours.  Unfortunately, the kit cost a lot of money, but sucked.  The repair goop looked like Elmer's white glue I used as a kid, and dried hard and relatively firm like Elmer's.  Sitting on the seat made the leather pull away from the dried glue material.  I probably got ripped off and they sold me Elmer's, but it seems plausible that a good kit with good repair goo could work.  I did have really good results making a worn-out shift knob look perfect.  Filled in the holes and pits with the repair goop, lightly sanded it smooth after it dried, and sprayed with matching SEM leather paint and it came out looking like new.  Really should have took some before & after pics.