Starter Interlock Wire ? (93 GTP)

Padgett

Trying to rebuild the wiring mess in my GTP (I really hate crimp connectors) and came across a connector with nothing in it, a whole bunch of black wires all going to a single ground, a fuse, and a relay bridging what appears to be a big yellow wire that was cut, a blue and a black wire spliced, and going to the relay terminals.

I *think* this is the big yellow that feeds power from the ignition switch to the starter interlock on the clutch pedal. Is this correct ? Must admit I am used to an ignition switch being on the steering column and not to the right of it.

post-9662-0-26736900-1458258010_thumb.jpg

That is what I thought but you have never seen so many splices and connectors and extraneous cables as in this dash & am just starting to get it unraveled.

- alarm

- Kenwood radio

- JVC changer with separate control box and remote display

- Panasonic powered subwoofer with remote controls

- PAC SWC box (still have not found the end of the IR cable).

- Relay and fuse panel behind the fuse panel behind the glove box.

Tried jumping the relay and starter worked so probably that, just thought I'd check.

Doubt it, I see no RF module, just an empty connector and a while bunch of wires going to ground. The yellow wire seems to go to the clutch interlock so a remote start would also need to depress the clutch. Have a RKE to add when I get this mess straightened out but all my small diameter heat shrink has disappeared. (I prefer to solder connections).

It's more likely an alarm.   A remote starter on a manual would feed to the purple side past the clutch switch.

Wiring does not look professional so could be anything. Is just a mess. Did not find any horn, speaker, or siren connection so suspect is a starter interlock that is supposed to have a dongle but has just been shorted. Off to get some heat shrink, can't find my small diameter.