Steering wheel swap

Padgett

Anyone know if a 78 Formula steering wheel will fit on a '93 column ? Have a nice light brown one I could use to replace the stock on with controls if I decide to go with a modern radio. Neither has an air bag so that is not a concern.

Hope to get everything opened up so I know what I am dealing with today.

That is Plan B - use something I have if cannot make SWC work. Is turning into a rescue project though drivable. Have added $1500 already just in AC and tires but now are new and have a guarantee. Still have not figured out how to remove the giant decal that blocks rear vision, seems like it is under the window tinting (see pic).

Have seen enough to know the audio wiring harness is butchered, question is can I restore it. Really need to clean out the other stall so can move inside. & that is a full day job.

& just had to rescue a friend whose printer did not want to work (and she has an Apple - the computer for people who do not like computers...)

Got oil/filter (do not care for Fram so used a PF-52) changed and is 4pm and warmish outside, nothing special just enough to remind me to clear out the stall so can work inside & out of the sun. Sunday we get daylight slaving time so can work outside later.

Did run a test and looks like it does not have a thermostat, at idle it just went slowly but steadily from 140 to 200F (about 85F ambient, too 10 minutes with coolant fans off. Usually can see a dip when a thermostat opens but nada so either none or stuck open

post-9662-0-25336700-1457643641_thumb.jpg

When I was racing Corvettes, there was no thermostat just a 15/16" restrictor to prevent cavitation.

On my Reattas I have 180F Superstats and at 180ish you can see a sudden drop in temp as the thermostat opens and cooler water from the radiator hits the block.

Where is the coolant temp sensor on a LQ1 ?