Interior Mods

RickCa

I have looked and looked and cannot find many things, so lets try a new thread... The 1st Gen W's needed some interior improvements to say the least.  Cup holders, fog lights.... etc.  Lets see what you have done to improve / improvise your interior.  I would love to see some great factory looking cup holder ideas, seat upgrades and the such.   So, lets see who has been most creative.  Pics and build info please.  Looking forward to seeing whats been done.

Steering wheel cover with custom stitching

18DD93F8-861D-49DC-B6D9-7178765C5EE1.jpg

Redid a stock shift knob

C23EB890-A2C9-4FBF-82C1-EF8B267DCA6E.jpg

Pontiac belt pads

AAFC4919-E549-4421-9D39-093AD47954B7.jpg

And I've also got some orange piping on the door panels that I can't seem to find a pic of, I'll update when o find it

EDIT:

93D9C9E3-9F1D-4D7C-8F9E-D10B37FF0167.jpg

Mines a project in the works but you can spot a few non-factory additions.

beJsTWL.jpg

When I have some time I`d like to source a few overhead lights from some other vehicles and add them into the rear seat area and will probably most likely go full LED with this one.

• Like 2

I can attest LED utility lights are amazing, in my 95 Monte I can actually see in my trunk now, made a huge visibility difference and style choice to the Guage Cluster, and the over head and mirror interior lights are bright enough and true white enough to where you can actually see in the floorboards fully at night, really useful and cheap interior upgrade.

Look at early cars with a sunroof, they had lights in the back.

When I have some time I`d like to source a few overhead lights from some other vehicles and add them into the rear seat area and will probably most likely go full LED with this one.

I hope to find some old and chrome and mount at about shoulder level for the rear seats and possibly some sort of overhead addition out of an SUV or van above the center console. For the center console I had an idea about some proper cup holders but I need to do some figuring and some maths to see if its possible. Actually 2 more and each a bit more questionable than the first but you`d be able to keep center console storage space for these.

I never did much to the interior my Lumina, I just never got around to it. 

Something simple like floor mats can help.  I had these in the Lumina for a while, before I found some nice factory ones. 

P8080004.jpg

Can't find a picture, but I replaced the emblem in the center of the steering wheel that had a silver bowtie with a red bowtie (I see you have a Euro 3.4...I think those had red)

I never had any good cup holder ideas, besides in between my legs and that single one that folded out of the armrest.  My little brother broke the original one...and it took me YEARS to find another.  Those things were unicorns back then. 

One of the best mods I did was add a rear view mirror with auto-dim, compass, temp, HomeLink and map lights. Fairly easy mod too.

• Like 1

I actually have one that will not get used.

This one isn't mine but you get the idea of what they look like. They were only available with an amber display but are very easy to change to a blue/green display if one does not want to use it in a Pontiac.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/03-CHRYSLER-SEBRING-LX-3-0L-V6-MPI-REARVIEW-COMPASS-HOME-LINK-MAP-LIGHT-MIRROR-/181574745167?fits=Model%3ASebring&hash=item2a46b2bc4f:g:eisAAMXQC-tTGiTj&vxp=mtr

They are rare to find as they were only used in 2002-05 Sebring Lxi coupes and 2002-05 Stratus R/T coupes. They are even harder to find with buttons in good condition.

I put a ford compass, auto dim, and light rear view mirror.  But after wiring, it tended to drain the battery. I'm guessing the computer wouldn't go to sleep. Have any ideas how to wire the orange, white, brown wires? 

I put a ford compass, auto dim, and light rear view mirror.  But after wiring, it tended to drain the battery. I'm guessing the computer wouldn't go to sleep. Have any ideas how to wire the orange, white, brown wires? 

SO Ford mirrors do that too? Damn, I was going to try to see if they were different.

• 1 month later...

Yeah usually on our cars orange is a 12v Constant, if you use it you need to put a switch/button on it so you can turn off the curcit. I don't know much about what color wire is what by orange is 12v Constant and I believe yellow is 12v engaged with the key being turned on, try that one instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually have one that will not get used.

This one isn't mine but you get the idea of what they look like. They were only available with an amber display but are very easy to change to a blue/green display if one does not want to use it in a Pontiac.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/03-CHRYSLER-SEBRING-LX-3-0L-V6-MPI-REARVIEW-COMPASS-HOME-LINK-MAP-LIGHT-MIRROR-/181574745167?fits=Model%3ASebring&hash=item2a46b2bc4f:g:eisAAMXQC-tTGiTj&vxp=mtr

They are rare to find as they were only used in 2002-05 Sebring Lxi coupes and 2002-05 Stratus R/T coupes. They are even harder to find with buttons in good condition.

My '95 Cutlass has the fade on the interior lights when you close the door, to include the map lights on the mirror.  Would these map lights do the same?  I'm really looking for a home link mirror with map lights.  Thanks.

Best bet would be to wire the Map lights on the same wire/wire color that the dome light is on and it should retain the fade out, my 95 Monte Carlo Map lights fade with the Dome Lights