93 with ASE sticker

Padgett

Well B4U is the GTP trim "SPORTS PERFORMANCE PACKAGE" I suspect that also included the "FV0: RATIO TRANSAXLE FINAL DRIVE 3.67", "FE3:SUSPENSION SYSTEM(SPECIAL)", &  "QLC: TIRE,ALL P245/50ZR16/N BL R/PE ST TL HWY TIRE(" but these are all RPOs

During the years I was associated with GM and Pontiac, a legacy requirement was that all GM cars be able to be fitted with tire chains (used for traction on ice/snow) on the drive wheels. Even with the 245/50/16s, the GTP front spats do not meet this requirement so were probably added by ASC.

post-9662-0-56011000-1457445704.jpg

Edited by Padgett

As others have said all 91-93 B4U cars have it. Likely due to ASC already having an assembly line located on the Fairfax Assembly grounds it was easier to just pay them to keep producing the kits and installing them then to internalize it. The 94-96 B4U cars were 100% GM and it shows since they had about 1/16th the fasteners holding it on the car. 

I'd wager to say the pure hardware alone on 89-93 B4U cars has to add damn near 10 pounds to the weight of the vehicle. 

As others have said all 91-93 B4U cars have it. Likely due to ASC already having an assembly line located on the Fairfax Assembly grounds it was easier to just pay them to keep producing the kits and installing them then to internalize it. The 94-96 B4U cars were 100% GM and it shows since they had about 1/16th the fasteners holding it on the car. 

I'd wager to say the pure hardware alone on 89-93 B4U cars has to add damn near 10 pounds to the weight of the vehicle. 

I have it all off on Galen's car.  I can weigh it. . :-)

There is a lot of mounting hardware.  

The body kit was required to accommodate the bigger wheels and tires.  Without it, they stick out quite a bit.  

Well I did need to remove about 1/4" from the inside edge of the front spats to clear the 225x60x16s in all turn positions and jounce/rebound but did not interfere with any fasteners or structure. They do look nice on the 16x8 wheels. I like a wheel that is slightly wider than the tread.

Then all GTPs will have been built at Fairfax and have FAI on the SPI ? Or is that 91-93 only ?

post-9662-0-83113200-1457451439_thumb.jpg

Edited by Padgett

I believe ALL gen1 Grand Prix were built at Fairfax, maybe till they stopped making them, I believe even all 97-03s were made there as well.

You could get your alignment checked, It may be off. I know on my old black TGP it had 225-60-16s on it and it didn't seem to rub. But truth be told the overall quality was spotty enough that I've seen plenty rub with the intended size tire, so who knows.

Some part of me wants to say that the 04+ cars were built up north with the rest of the W's. That the 97-03 cars were the last to be built in Fairfax.