Colored LED Guage Upgrade

Michael Savage

I used a 10 pack of Blue 194s off amazon

Partsam 10 Pack PC168 T10 Twist Lock Blue T10 168 Led Cluster Gauge Dash Light Bulb+ 10 Pcs Amber Mini bulb https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KVC78RU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awd_Qhp3wbV1R1Q7G

They work great and the color looks awesome I used the Blue ones and couldn't be happier. The included twist locks don't seem to make full contact in the Monte cluster so I just removed the bulbs from the old ones and bent the inside contacts inward a bit to hold the smaller LEDS a bit better. Takes 5-20 minutes they only work one way so you gotta sit there and hold your cluster and turn the switch on and off the check if it's lighting up. Dimmer still works and it looks great and they come in blue white and red from these guys.

670cf80dbf35992daac7b8274d2f3e8d.jpg130e3b451a32f754be314a1920a0b529.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Well there you go, link is up top to them on amazon, same ones I've got. Love them now that they've been burning in for a month they're looking the purple hue and turning more true blue so I guess that was just temporary. But yeah order them, pop off your dash cover and take the 2 9/16th? Screws out of the cluster and pull it out and take out your big bulbs swap out the bulbs in the sockets for the new led blue ones and twist them one at a time into the cluster look through the bottom of the cluster turn on your headlight switch if it lights up its turn the right way if it doesn't it's the wrong way just in twist it turn it and twist it back in and check and should light up, it's pretty simple just checking that they turn on takes longer than anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did something similar a few years ago for the dash in my vert. I went the hardwired route so I could put the leds where I wanted them. I also used a Grand Prix cluster so I had to swap the needles out for the clear Cutlass ones so they would also glow blue.

IMG_0769.jpg