1990(?) International Sedan Hulk at L. A. Wrecking Yard

Billyvannuys

post-9558-0-80564800-1456558079.jpgpost-9558-0-09291000-1456556163_thumb.jpegpost-9558-0-67724300-1456556185_thumb.jpeg

While checking out local salvage yards just to see what's in my new High-desert town, I came across this. From reading you folks' posts I thought you enjoy seeing the digital dash, cassette with eq., and the Driver Info System. First time I've ever seen the digital dash. eq radio, and DIS in- person. Must say, thought of pulling them went tthrough my  mind, but too hard without knowing what I was dealing with/wasn't prepared. Darkened  Instrument cluster looks like a sleeping Millennium Falcon control panel and that info system had so many buttons.

Body actually very nice. But most California cars are. Took photo on International logo on console. Wow, what a car this must've been. Unsure which motor was in it, but there was a 3.1 sitting loose on ground in front of it. So, who knows story of these cars? Taillights say SAE90, usually good indicator of year. Had automatic and apparently a 3.1.  Thought I read on Google that these only had manuals with a 4 cyl. 

There were no other Olds W's in yard. Lots of Grand Prixs, Grand Ams, a few Buicks. Hope shots are as fun for you all as they were for me

Edited by Billyvannuys

That 3.1 being that close to it means it was likely sitting on that subframe. I'm guessing the transaxle was gone from it? If not it would be odd to drop all that out and not take any of it.l

That 3.1 being that close to it means it was likely sitting on that subframe. I'm guessing the transaxle was gone from it? If not it would be odd to drop all that out and not take any of it.l

You're right because I opened hood and there was nothing in there. We see front axles are out.

Edited by Billyvannuys

Hey my hornpad sticks( fuse currently pulled to stop horn) and my middle pad doesn't work and those black buttons look cool and I have burgundy too. Maybe I'll go back for that. Looks like it will cleanup okay and car has all windows up so no water going in there. Thanks!

The dash, DIS and HUD can fetch money on here or on eBay. To remove them isn't hard the whole dashboard is held in by 7mm bolts (screws really) that you can get with a 1/4 ratchet and maybe a 3 or 6 inch extension depending on location. The clusters are also held in by 7mm bolts. The trim around the radio and cluster are held in by phillips screws.

Now the steering wheel horn, not sure if it's held in by Torx screws. The airbagged ones are held by T30 screws.

I'm willing to buy climate control from you if you go back and get it. My buttons are messed up.

attachicon.gifIMG_0715 (1).JPGattachicon.gifimage.jpegattachicon.gifimage.jpeg

While checking out local salvage yards just to see what's in my new High-desert town, I came across this. From reading you folks' posts I thought you enjoy seeing the digital dash, cassette with eq., and the Driver Info System. First time I've ever seen the digital dash. eq radio, and DIS in- person. Must say, thought of pulling them went tthrough my  mind, but too hard without knowing what I was dealing with/wasn't prepared. Darkened  Instrument cluster looks like a sleeping Millennium Falcon control panel and that info system had so many buttons.

Body actually very nice. But most California cars are. Took photo on International logo on console. Wow, what a car this must've been. Unsure which motor was in it, but there was a 3.1 sitting loose on ground in front of it. So, who knows story of these cars? Taillights say SAE90, usually good indicator of year. Had automatic and apparently a 3.1.  Thought I read on Google that these only had manuals with a 4 cyl. 

There were no other Olds W's in yard. Lots of Grand Prixs, Grand Ams, a few Buicks. Hope shots are as fun for you all as they were for me

if it was a 4cyl it would been a HO Q4