93 GTP Bucket seats

Padgett

What years and what other car lines used these seats please. Upholstery shop just said $1500 to recover my front buckets and that is not in the cards. Mine are beige/tan but can be recolored.

Are they damaged or are you just wanting a color change? It's not that common to find our seats in good shape in junkyards these days. I have yet to find a tan leather bucket that was worth using as-is in the last few years I have casually been looking at multiple yards. I rarely see tan interior grand prix's at all. I plan to recover at least one of my seats myself later this year when I get around to it.

Are they damaged or are you just wanting a color change? It's not that common to find our seats in good shape in junkyards these days. I have yet to find a tan leather bucket that was worth using as-is in the last few years I have casually been looking at multiple yards. I rarely see tan interior grand prix's at all. I plan to recover at least one of my seats myself later this year when I get around to it.

If you do recover your seats, make a good thread about it. This would help me at the very least because I want to do the same thing but to my Z34 and my G20. So it would be a nice thing to have here if anyone else wants to as well.

Since I was told $1500 for the two front buckets I need other options. Thinking about sheepskin seat covers, used before on a Reatta but that seat does not have as many contours as this one.

Sent an e-Mail to Katzkin but their catalogue only goes back to '94 and think 88-93 is different.

Good thing is cars do not rust here, bad thing is heat takes a toll on interiors and rubber if not garaged.

post-9662-0-14978900-1456603915_thumb.jpg

Edited by Padgett

I can check the one I have at home and see if it's in decent shape, but I cut out all the electronics underneath. If the skins in decent shape I might sell it for cheap. Otherwise, that one's not bad at all other than that little tear. Lexol it up and call it a day

OK Lexol is a cleaner conditioner. Is there a decent repair kit available to fill and seal the cracks/tear ?

Last time I did one (thutty yar ago) was a '67 Caddy and there was a company that had a specific kit for the year/model/color.

ps the leather in both my 88 and 90 Reattae is much nicer. Buick owner's butts are softer ? Edited by Padgett