mystery box and connector

Padgett

In the process of trying to figure out what had been done to this 93 GTP, I've come across some mystery pieces & wondered if anyone has a clue what they are. The harnesses look factory but may be aftermarket.

The first is a connector over the driver's legs and near the ALDL. I suspect this is aftermarket.

underdashjack.jpg

The second is a box under the dash and about under the radio. (picture taken from drivers side footwell. This looks like a factory harness.

underdashbox.jpg

Anyone have a guess what these are ?

That first connector looks to be from an old anti-theft system. The idea was that you'd also have to put a chip key in it in order to start the car, Guessing it is long bypassed. You could probably remove the whole system without too much trouble, may have to splice the yellow ignition wire back together since it was likely cut to go into the brain of the setup.

The second one is the amplifier for the factory stereo.

Stereo amplifier ? Didn't know they had two piece radios this late. Was that a separate option ?

I do not see it in the FSM. Unless that is AMPLIFIER LOW FREQ AUDIO W (UW4) - 22

In the SPI, UW4 comes back as UW4 SPEAKER SYSTEM,6,DUAL FRONT DASH MOUNTED,FRONT DOOR,DUAL EXTENDED RANGE SHELF 6 SPKR SYS(UW4)

audio-system-2w0900601.png Edited by Padgett