Reviving Car Battery

Mstg007

What are your experiences with reviving car batteries? This past week, my battery would not turn over. It was cold but in a garage. I even had a jump booster on it and it took a lot 2 days to finally get it to crank. So my question is would you replace the battery for $$150 or revive it. Not sure of all the steps, but did a basic search on it. Is it worth trying it?

Thanks

If the battery has been in service continuously without long deep discharges and it fails like this, then usually it is a lost cause. You should check and make sure the water levels are not low and your cables are tight, but if the battery itself is the issue, then it needs replacement. If it has been sitting neglected without a charge and/or with long term-discharges, then you can try to charge it with a battery tender and give it its sweet old time, and it might give you a little more life. There are the little desulfators your can get. Usually they do little to nothing. Some can do some good to some batteries, but can also damage chargers if used simultaneously.

a) How long it takes to charge depen ds on how big the charger. 3A charger could take a few days.  
b ) How old is the battery ?  
c) For $150 I'd get a Duracell AGM from Sam's. (may be less depending on size)  
d) to "revive" look under "desulphate". Takes a special charger.   

e) How the ^%&%%&%*& do you insert a line feed ?  

I'd get a new battery with a 10 year warranty, been doing that with Walmart for years myself and my dad's done that for ages if it goes out take it back and they'll exchange it no questions asked. Most cost effective thing I've found for myself. The one I have usually lasts 4 years with a thousand miles a week on it, so free replacements to me are worth more than trying to fix something that might mess up shortly down the line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk