95 Monte Carlo, 2000 Console Swap Questions

Michael Savage

Got it in directly bolted up, used a shifter boot instead of the plate.

Current issue, the mount for the old Console in the front is in the way of the front cup holder, is that easy to remove or lost cause?(It's the mount in front of the shifter)

And anyway to lower the back a bit to get the back side flush with the floor other than cutting a bit off the side by the floor.(Looking for a way without having to cut anything)

Other than that it looks great but I need to put in a custom fab plate or a lumina ashtray to cover the hole in the bottom of the dash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got a little info from l67ss, cut that bracket under the cup holder out as long as you don't wanna put the old one back in.

Lowering it haven't figured that out have to play with it.

Lumina Ashtray/cup holder directly bolts up in that hole. So looks like I'll have 3 cup holders and 3 cigarette lighters here shortly lol

So far splicing into the prnod21 light the ashtray light now works and the lighter on the cup holder works and all is good, after using some miguires on everything it looks perfectly oem :)

Feels so nice man, want a new shift nob but having problems finding aftermarket ones for automatic :/

Main thing to get it to line up and bolt up, make sure you have the carpet that covers under the dash pulled up properly to nor wad up and block the front, push the console forward with pressure at a downward angle and lower it down still pushing towards the front then put in long screws in the holes and tighten one down still pushing it forward, it'd probably be easier if you cut the 2 tips off the front of the console but that keeps it snug in place.

Paint wise to match the interior original color.

f188d65cc36fdfb35a0b36668d9a8fe2.jpg

This is what I used and it matches almost identically to the dash and the old Console, I'm planning on pulling the under dash pieces like the glove box and the piece under the steering wheel which have a blueish color and painting them with it. Works best with a single good coat then using it for a 2nd solid coat, clean it good with soap/mean green/purple power first so you get off your oils and everything so it sticks really well. :)

• 5 months later...