Regal Dual Exhaust Bumper or add-on trim?

Imp558

Starting to get a leak so I want to weld up a 2 1/2" exhaust system for the Regal. If I'm making an exhaust system I want to do mock dual with the same muffler that I put on the SSEI (Thrush Welded Series) with a notch in either side of the bumper to accommodate it.

About 2 years ago I thought there was a trim kit for the Regals to cut out the bumper and put a hunk of trim on either side but now there's no trace of any such thing. Any suggestions? Maybe modify a GP Rear fascia? I could fill the one I have and put this trim thing under the bumper I suppose...

post-3252-0-14802500-1450304595_thumb.jpeg

SLP at one point made cutouts for the 2G GSX trim regals that they made for a few years. They ended up with a bunch of extra stock and sold it off on eBay. A lot of people at one point bought them up, I'd imagine they are all but totally gone now.

I don't think any first gen regal got dual exhaust though.

If the cut out is symmetrical, find one at the junkyard and cut it out larger and attach it to the other side of your bumper cover?

That's 1 approach I considered, as well as making something like those ones evidently made by SLP out of sheet metal and having them plated.

I have been looking in traffic for months. Subaru has a dual exhaust bumper on the Forrester with a filler to plug the hole and run single but that's like the exact opposite of what I require, lol.

• 1 month later...

What you're looking for are the regal gsx exhaust cutouts, they aren't impossible to find but generally go for around 125 to 150 a set for just the plastic cutouts which require cutting of both sides of the bumper and are held in with some really good body tape. I'll find a pic if it'll let me post one.

Yeah, made by SLP like Chris said, they just don't exist anymore. I saw a set on Ebay ages ago and I would have bought them if I knew they were the last I'd ever see.