Gears grind when downshift into third, and upshift into 5th

Maverick

Any clues? I had the mechanic check out the linkage system, and he reported no foul play there. The only other thing I can think of is it being the shoot, forgot the name. Oh well, tell me your thougts

Synchronizers are metal rings that ease shifting in and out of gear, all modern manual transmissions have them. The problem on the 284 is they tend to go more than most other cars. Synchro's can not be bought through GM and the only thing you can do is get a new trans, or buy a used one. It could also be ur clutch or possibly shift cables.

To see how synchros work go here. http://www.howthingswork.com

Also the Getrag US HQ is down the road from me one day in the near future I'm am going to see if they will sell me synchros.

could it be that the clutch hydraulic system has some air in the system? just an idea.

joshua

Any idea how to check?

And if it is the syncros, im looking at a hella lot of cash to fix?

To check you have to bleed the system. Before you do that answer these questions.

Does the pedal feel spongy?

When you go arround a corner is it hard to change gears comming out of the turn?

If you said yes to these questions. You have air in your system like I did.

Bleed the System. Watch out on the pipes because those stupid quick connects are on there.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now if you need a transmission repair of just someone who knows what the hell they are talking about. I recomend these guys

A-AAASTRO Transmission (403)-272-5666

Give them a call and go see them it's free.

He said he could rebuild my 284 if it ever needed it and he seemed to know alot about the 284.

Good Luck

That number makes my heart jump. :shock: Anyone have a vauge idea for complete overhaul on a transmission?

over 1200 just a guess!! pull it and send it to me i will do it for 500 you pay for shipping

That number makes my heart jump. :shock: Anyone have a vauge idea for complete overhaul on a transmission?

over 1200 just a guess!! pull it and send it to me i will do it for 500 you pay for shipping

And Im gussing I would have no transportation for a month? Man, transmissions blow.........