89' Lumina???

Baddflash

Anyone else have a Lumina that was made in 89'?????

Mine was built in June of 89' so technically would it not be an 89'?

( I believe the 9 month and latter would make it the following year.)

The other one (Z) was built in Aug of 90'

I Just found it strange that it's title says 90'( first official year of production) but it was actually built in early 89'.

I also had a 87' Rustang that was built the 9/86 yet it was titled 87' and so were the parts for it, although it was the 86' body style, weird eh?

I really HATE those vehicles titled for one year, yet have other years' parts in them. I see it fairly often at work. Just for example... a guy has a '92 Ford.. a particular part goes bad and we say that part never exsisted on a '92 Ford.. but '93 Ford model year has that particular part.

watch that (Z) aaron will chew you out ;)

Aaron can kiss my A$$.

fist id have to catch it. so, put mine in Reverse or just use the brakes?

Just wait Aaron when I'm done you couldn't catch me if you tried.

The Lumina model started in 1990. Here are the main reasons that I know why:

In the 1980's to early 1990's I would go to the GM dealerships and get books on just about every GM car. I would work my way around. Oddly enough, I never threw them away. I still have them all. I took the 1989 and 1990 model years for Chevrolet out and gave them a look.

Chevrolets' line up in 1989 did not include the Lumina. It did, however include the Monte-Carlo, which as I'm sure that you know. Lumina replaced in 1990.

And for the most convincing evidence, I have a showroom brochure for the Lumina alone, and it says on the first page. "Introducing the Chevrolet Lumina. New for 1990." ;)

They probably build them early. so that they will have plenty to release. This would hold true double for a new model I'm sure.

I can feel for you. To me a car that was not built in the year model that it is promoted as, is not REALLY a true model year car. But due to the fact that they release the next model year four months early, I suppose they have to start building them early as well.

My W-Bodys' :

1989 Cutlass Supreme SL - Coupe

1990 Lumina Euro 3.1 -Coupe

1991 Grand Prix SE