98 Lumina remote start install

Mlewk

I'm installing an Avital 4103 remote start kit. I have found all the wires except for the parking light wire (the online diagrams say it's brown) and I'm not sure how to route the tach wire through the firewall without drilling through it.

At ideas?

Thanks f31a8e2372b90e870b3bb7b0ea1b8369.jpg39d8eec9a4159a304e67cacb468506d7.jpg

Am I looking in the right spots?

• 2 weeks later...

the Tach should be a white wire, if there's no Tach in the dash it also goes to the ABS. If you have to take it from the PCM (pinouts all over the internet) then just poke a hole in a rubber thing where the accelerator pedal goes through.

That's what I thought but I couldn't find it running down from the twist switch for the headlights. I found a grey wire by the driver side kick panel by the door lock wires that gave 12 volts when I turned on the parking lights.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

i could be wrong, but I'm fairly certain that even if you got the base cluster, the tach signal wire ran all the way up to the cluster, it was connected to the normal spot on the cluster connector(but the circuit on the cluster itself wasn't present). should be pin D6 if so.

On the instrument cluster there are two rows of pins, row C, and row D. As Robert said the white tach wire is on D6. It's also at the ICM, a 3800 will have it on pin E, and a 3100 will have it on either pin C or D (alldata has conflicting data) of the 6 pin plug.

The brown marker light wire is on the headlight switch on pin R. It's the last in the shorter of the 2 rows.

I apologize for my lack of knowledge but I a having a hard time locating those two connectors. Where exactly should I be looking? (picture)

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

no man I was talking about the instrument cluster itself and the headlight switch itself. according to the diagrams they go through at the firewall and go straight where they need to go so they don't stop at that plug you're looking at.