wanting exhaust sounds!

Heza

ok...i have 2.5" exhaust to 2.25" into (2) Flowmaster 40s. no resonator. it sounds pimp at idle, but gets hollow into the RPMs. i dont have my original resonator so i want to put a glasspack where the resonator is. anyone have a clip of what this would sound like? or any suggestions on what they did? i have a 3100.

do you have sound clips? I wanted to hear what that setup would sound like on my car.

i got an idea...let me get back to you when i get back from Iraq and ill be able to get ya some sound clips. it sounds low and rumbly at idle...but as i said, you climb the RPMs and it just sounds like a tin can. i want to try and get the rumble to go with the RPMs. so im either going to get smaller pipe to add backpressure or try a glasspack in the setup.

Adding a glasspack will definetely make the sound less dominant, but I doubt it will completely cure it. It's worth a shot though, glasspack's being as cheap as they are.

All I got to say is don't get a Thrush glasspack, I used one for a resonator for a short time, sounded good but it started to rattle. So I eventually chopped that out and put in a Magnaflow Magnapack round muffler, sounds way better.

I'd just try a glasspack, unless you can find a magnapack for a good price. Magnaflow Magnapacks arent cheap. Unless you get one off an ebay dealer, hehe.

Cherry bomb's seem pretty good. I had it narrowed down between one of those and the thrush. The cherry bomb was shorter and heavier, so it's probably built better.

My Z has twin 8" packs, very loud. Here's kinda what it sounds like.

RRRrrrRRRRrrrrRRRrrrr

vROOOOOOOOOOM

thuba-thuba-thuba-thuba-thuba-thuba-vaROOOOOOOOOOOMA-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa

Yeah it rapps off pretty good, sounds nice in underpasses, but it's got kinda of a ricer sound to it. I'd like to rip the cat off, but that would only worsen things.

If anything you should replace the resonator, with a glasspack, because I doubt your stock resonator is doing much anymore.

If you don't you'll get a very horrible rasp sound in the exhaust, and yes it does kinda sound ricey.

93GTP is right. I have flowmaster 40's and replacing the resonater with a glasspack will pretty much completely get rid of that crappy tinny sound. The only time you still might hear it a little bit is when it's cold, but it goes away after a few minutes of running. I have a 3.4 so I don't know if you want a sound clip from me and I don't have a way of making one, but if you really want one let me know and I can find someone to make a sound clip for me.

93GTP is right. I have flowmaster 40's and replacing the resonater with a glasspack will pretty much completely get rid of that crappy tinny sound. The only time you still might hear it a little bit is when it's cold, but it goes away after a few minutes of running. I have a 3.4 so I don't know if you want a sound clip from me and I don't have a way of making one, but if you really want one let me know and I can find someone to make a sound clip for me.

find a friend w/ a lap top and use the "sound recorder" :wink: or get someone w/ a cell phone that can record voice/sound 8) ..

if you could find a way to make a clip with the 40s and glasspack setup that would be excellent. i dont mind if its off a 3.4...im know the exhaust notes arent the same, but they aren't that far off either.