Door Handle Replacment

Hey!

I need to replace the rear passenger side door handle on my mom's 93 Buick Regal Custom. Does anyone know the part number for the handle from GM, and an approximate price?

Thanks alot!

Owen

No, I haven't tried searching the net yet. That link given though, shows a door handle for a coupe. This car is a sedan. I'm hoping to find a GM part number so I can get the part from a dealer rather than somewhere online.

I'll look around, see if I can find anything.

Ok, so I did some looking around. I looked at the site mfewtrail showed me, and I also checked on another site. I came up with two part numbers.

The first number from the first site is 16626611, and the second site gave P/N 16627468

Then I checked them both on http://www.gmpartsdirect.com and got similar descriptions but different prices. I assume there are two different part numbers, becuase one is the whole handle as a unit (the plastic piece you insert into the door) and the other is just the metal handle part I need.

Just the handle lists at about $44 and the whole assembly lists at about $163. So, I'll talk to my parts guy tomorrow and verify all this.

Has anyone removed a door panel on a smiliar car before?

Thanks alot!

I've removed a couple on different W-body cars, not one on a '93 regal though. My advice to you is to locate the bolts 1st and remove them. 2nd you need to seperate the panel from the door, there are a handful of those white plastic things(don't know the name of them) that embrass the panel to the door. You will need to pry them as careful as you can, because they won't hold as good once there damaged. You might have to disconnect any automatic power items on the door(lock, window). It might not be 100% of everything you need to know, but its the basics in these cars! Hope it helps you.