GP Brakes

99RegalGS

My Friend has a 92 GP 3.1 w/o ABS.

His brakes are acting weird. When you push down on the brakes normaly the pedal goes to the floor and if you push it hard the car will pull to the left. But if you hit the brakes sharply it will act like normal.

What do you think is wrong???

It could be what Erik said but I would guess either air in the lines (only if the calipers or master cylinder have been taken off) or that the master cylinder is bad. If you hit it sharply and hold it down does the pedal slowly creap to the floor?

I talked to him tonight.

It could be what Erik said but I would guess either air in the lines (only if the calipers or master cylinder have been taken off) or that the master cylinder is bad. If you hit it sharply and hold it down does the pedal slowly creap to the floor?

He had replaced the rear pads on the car a month ago. (First time doing any brake service on his car).

And when he holds it down it does slowly go to the floor.

Thanks

I'm thinking one of his brake lines is leaking. I'm currently running with my driver's rear caliper non-functional (no rotor, C-clamp on the line until a caliper can be afforded). Before I put a C-clamp on the line, the pedal would go all the way to the floor.

Check all your calipers, maybe use a c-clamp on each line, with the car on, hitting the brake pedal each time. If not, there might be a problem with the master cylinder. Good luck!