poor braking, you know who you are...

brian89gp

Just a FYI. Ever since I have owned my car my braking has pretty much sucked, and my car is a 94 with the larger booster and supposidly better braking. I recently put in a 89-93 smaller booster and it didn't get any better and it was making a strange clicking sound so I decided to replace it with a reman from Orielly's.

Holy Fuck do the brakes grab. I only bled my front calipers so the rears still have air in the lines but I lightly stab at the pedal and the front end of the car just dives into the ground. I can only imagine what its going to be like when I bleed the rear lines.

The booster is $120 from Orielly's , $100 if you return your old one for the core charge.

o' riellys is a big mid west auto parts supplier like napa, autozone, kregan hust bros. is a big one here so is kregan car quest

it is just a big supplier. i think they use the same reman companies. i could be wrong though?

whyd you choose to swap in the smaller booster?

5spd

Any auto parts store should have one, Oreilly's was just the cheapest I found. It is an "A1 Cardone" brand I believe.

Its not exactly the most fun to change but well worth it IMO.

my car has always stopped pretty well. i recently changed all 4 discs with new discs and new pads, and getting the ABS to freak out is a piece of cake. but it is damn good, especially for the stock setup. now my dads 94 Z28, i havnt been in a car that will out stop that thing. it is amazing.

Why would you choose it because of the 5speed?

The 94 booster is too large for the clutch MC cylinder to fit next to it. The 94 one comes within 1/2" or so of touching the wheel well.

It is an "A1 Cardone" brand I believe.

cool we carry that brand at checker maybe ill go look around and see how much it would be for me to change it if its going to make any difference.