RIP: '88 GP SE parting out.

THe_DeTAiL3R

Its a sad day and was a fuckin hard decision, but I've decided I've got to get rid of the car. I realized the gastank has a leak somewhere and the car is just too fucking rusty, amoung other problems. Been working on it the last couple days and been breaking bolts and sweeping rust off the driveway.

Time to go. :( :( :( :( :( :(

Its an SE, so there are parts I will be taking off.

heres the thread in the for sale section.

http://www.w-body.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=93469#93469

I've been doing some thinking... and I'm really thinking about another 1st gen (mid 90s) Grand Prix or Cutlass. I'd like to find one with a 3100 (the 3.4 is a fast engine but I've heard way too much bad stuff about it).

Glad to hear you considering another W-body. Both cars are a good choice!

I believe they started it in '94. Not sure about all the W-body '93 models.

Yeah they started in '94. Except for the Lumina. They didn't recieve the 3100 until their redesign in '95.

I first had a cutty, then a GP. I never had as much love for the GP as for my POS cutty. Go with the cutty, you'll fall in love with it. Not saying that any W I ever own from here on out will be a cutty, but I'd like to think so.

I'm sure that was a thogh choice, CBad. Glad to hear you're considering W-Bodies. Either of those cars, and all Ws, for that matter, are good choices.

The 3100 has had some improvements, and is now in the 170hp range in the Century and other later model cars, but I don't know when that upgrade happened, what it was, or exactly what cars recieved it.