An update on my Cutlass..................good and bad news.

AWeb80

Ok, the fuel pump has plenty of pressure cause when i pressed on the schrader valve(i had a rag over it) it shot through the rag and got all over my face and shoulder :oops: :lol: o well

The secondary timing belt is perfect, so that isn't the problem

I called the guy i bought it from(he's a mechanic at a GM dealer). he said he'd stop buy next week and bring some testing stuff along.....and a few free injectors.

Couple quick questions:

Could someone please elaborate on how to check the voltage on that CPS.

I might just get a new one, just to have one in since it is only $18........

How do i take it out and where exactly is it located (I have an Idea where it is).

As in CPS, you mean Crank Position Sensor? It is on the firewall side of the block to the left of the alternator, and right above the driveshaft for the trans. It'll be right above the oil pan, it's a L-shape. When u take it out be careful because it will usually break. If it does just attach something to it w/crazy glue and it should come out no problem

-Tony

My friend might be able to sell you injectors w/80K on 'em I'll have to talk to him. For the CPS, you just pull with pliers but it'll probaly break, almost all do.

CHECK IT AT THE ICM!!! You can then backtrack to the sensor if need be. The CPS has wires that run directly to the ICM (coil packs) it is a purple and yellow wire 2 plug. Unplug it from the ICM and hook up an electrical tester to it and have someone else turn the car over. The voltage will fluctuate. If that works then test the main power going to the coilpacks. Are you getting spark? Check that first. If so, then the ignition system is working and you don't have to worry about the ICM or the CPS. BTW, why didn't you take my advice about a week ago when I suggested this? Hmmmmm?

BTW, why didn't you take my advice about a week ago when I suggested this? Hmmmmm?

I don't know...i guess i was alittle unsure wheather i was gonna do it right. but i'm gonna give it a try now.