New Member 1995 Olds Cutlass Supreme Convertible

dhs1223

I recently purchased (August 2003) a 1995 Olds Cutlass Supreme Convertible with 33,400 miles on it. I drove 600 miles to pick it up. I drove it home and it now has 35800 miles on it. Averaging 600 miles per month so far.

I have been enjoying reading the posts on this site. I am glad I found this site as it will be a great source of information as I work to improve on what I believe is a good car. Once I figure things out as to how this site works, I hope to post a picture or two.

I know that this site will be a source of valuable information, ideas and fun. I hope that I will be able to contribute as well as benefit from my membership.

I purchased my Cutlass Convertible on Ebay also. I dragged my wife and daughter down to Florida to pick it up. The moment we got there on a Saturday, it began to rain, I should say pour and it kept up until we were back into Georgia on Sunday afternoon. One good thing, the car and top showed no signs of leaking. Everything stayed dry.

We have been enjoying the car. There has been some very good convertible weather this fall in Georgia. I have been evaluating little things on the car and have built a list of "TO DO" as time and money permits. Mechanically all is OK so far, therefore, my list has mainly cosmetic items, such as exhaust tips, perhaps new wheels, that kind of thing.

Anyway, thanks for the nice welcome and I look forward to many more communications with the members of this forum.

Thanks

95 Cutlass Supreme Convertible

Red with White Top / 3.4 DOHC

Sounds like a great car. Welcome to the board. If you've been lurking here since you bought your car, you've seen almost all, if not all of my idiocy, so I don't really need to show you I'm a postwhore, but I will anyway.

Welcome to the board..love the cutty convertibles 8) I'm a fellow Georgian' also :wink: from the athens area where I go to college. Duluth is right off 316 a bit north of Atlanta isn't it? I usually don't venture over to/near atlanta area unless I go to visit family and/or friends, traffic is a bit rough over there(getting bad enough in athens..lol) during rush hour..was crawling on 285 a few weeks back and I had to boil the tires off the GTP merging onto an off-ramp w/ traffic flying by :shock:

The color of my 95 Cutlass Convertible is red with white roof and white leather interior. I have dreams of one day going to a tan roof and some kind of mixed interior, such as black seats with tan inserts or red and tan seats, as time passes, tastes change, so since it will be while before I can make any changes, I will let everyone know what happens.

Living in Duluth GA, just minutes ( or hours depending on traffic) from Atlanta does offer many driving challenges as there are too many people who don't qualify to be licenced on the road. Fortunately, I live close to my place of work and I don't spend much time on the road commuting. This allows me to enjoy driving during off peak hours and weekends where there is room to roam.

Can someone help me create a signature, I haven't found how to do it, I am not that knowledgable on this type of thing.

Thanks

dhs1223

1995 Cutlass Supreme Convertible (red w/ white top)

go to your profile....the little link up top of the page.

In there find the signature box and type what u want.

If you want a pic in there like mine, just have it hosted somewhere and put the URL address in between these:

Welcome! I've been thinking about looking around for that exact car: red/white/white with very low miles. I can't decide if I should Put the money in mine or start shopping. Soon I'll need new strus, a new top and a few minor details. But it has 96,000 on it. HMMMM........

Welcome! That's a HOT car. I've been thinking about looking around for that exact car: red/white/white with very low miles. I can't decide if I should Put the money in mine or start shopping. Soon I'll need new struts, a new top and a few minor details. But it has 96,000 on it. HMMMM........

• 2 months later...

Yea I say welcome too... And I was just thinking if that was the Cutty I saw on eBay a few months back!! And YUP! sure enough!!!! ... LOL I would have done the same thing dragging my wife and kids down to FL to get it... Only they would be dying to come..LOL

Well I live real close to you. So maybe we'll run into each other soon. Maybe you'd like to show the Cutty at some car shows with me in the stock class?

Gearhead 43

I would like to attend some car meets in Georgia. Please pass on any dates and locations you can share. Thanks, it would be nice to meet some members of the forum.

jpv123 mentioned in this thread (back in November) possibly getting a cs convertible with low mileage. Take a look at the link below - it's a listing of 1995 cs convertibles. The first car listed is listed as having only 7,472 miles on the clock.

Now that's a low mileage '95.

http://www.autotrader.com/findacar/results.jtmpl?model=CSUPR&body_style=CONVERT&color=&max_mileage=&doors=&engine=&fuel=&drive=&transmission=&start_year=1995&end_year=1995&min_price=&max_price=&distance=any&advanced=&advcd_on=y&make=OLDS&address=53202&search_type=used&x=27&y=7

Wow, I'm incredibly late on catching onto this forum, but hey, welcome. As for w-body meets, I'm trying to get one worked out with the Georgia members here. There's a thread in the "Events" section if you're interested.