Lumina Haters! r U 1?

sonyman87

OK this week i have seen serveral attacks against the 95+ Lumina say how much slower it is and how much crapyier it is then the monte carlo or fellow z34.

stuff03 11/19/03, 9:22 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sounds like you know alot about cars, too bad you don't have a nice one! My lumina is my old peice of crap, and the track time was just something to get the job done cuz i was in a hurry, that could still smoke ur 4 door family car!

Ok guys this is just rediculous. They come off the same production lines with a slight difference in body styles and number of doors.. Give me a damn break!

Nobody said the lumina was god and when we post track times thats b/c we are proud of our accomplishments. And just b/c its a lumina dosnt mean its a crapy car.

Im proud to be a lumina owner! so if you dislike them then fuck you and fuck the horse you road in on!

i personally only like luminas and tend to look at other w-bodies as parts cars(ie - my engine, trans, seats are out of cutlasses). but i dont pick on people with them - your example is an assklown.

Yes, I definitely feel ya on this one...Regal's are a big target of the same thing. I just don't care. I know it's a nice car. Other people not liking them just brings the price down on the black '91-94 GS i'm looking for. :D

Personally, I'm not a big fan of four-door cars, but that doesn't mean I don't think the Lumina isn't a good car, because it is. In fact, if I needed a Sedan, I'd pretty much only look at late W-bodies, Lumina included.

I don't know why people think the Monte (or any other W) is faster than the Lumina. If it is faster from the factory, it's only a marginal difference. The difference that the extra roofline makes as far as weight goes. Lumina 3.4s are fast, and so are Lumina LTZs. No doubt about it.

It all goes along with the name. Chevrolet Lumina was never really marketed as high performance, but as a typical family sedan. Same with Buick.. The Buick name makes you think, elderly.. big cushy boats. Oldsmobile never really got the credit it deserved either. Pontiac.. geez.. Any non-Pontiac fan I've talked to has the image that they're just a hunk of sheetmetal covered in ungodly amounts of plastic and cladding. But I think thats the best thing. I love pullin' up to a light, some ghey ricer next to me thinkin' he's super hot shit, and beating his ass with my plain 'family sedan.' I like putting people in their spot.

I pick on the lumina cause every time I work on a timing belt, its a Z34. No one every brings a grand prix or cutlass, its a lumina. hahaha, so I just talk shit about them. As for monte carlos...i wont even go there. Its not the cars, its the owners on average. Maybe its just the internet and the people with these cars that post on boards. I dunno, I wouldnt buy either one though, thats just me.

Thanks guys you making me feel better already. :)

im trying to do what i can to stay nutral but its hard to do so when someone has already thrown the stones

Punch 'em in the face. There is no time for morons these days.

just sucks there is a van with the same name, i like all w-bods, just a little partial to the cutty's, would never hate on another w-bod, that should be the 8th sin.

Viva la cutty!

Luminas are sharp cars! My previous car was a '93 Lumina Euro Sedan, 3.4L. Fast as hell! It could drive circles around my Cutlass. Unfortunately, it was also a lemon. I wish I would've had the money to fix it. Long live the Lumina!

I don't hate the car, only the name itself.

"Lumina", what a lame name. It sure as hell doesn't make you think "fast" :P

hehe, im only joking

No it doesnt, especially since there is an Albino pumpkin with the same name., but whatever

I love my lumina :)

She has treated me well, although i have not done the same. Suprisngly she still starts up for me :)

No problems so far, but she looks bad on the outside, the worse thing is probably this

dent_small.jpg

This dent makes me sad :cry: :cry: :cry:

Ill fix'er up one day, you just wait :)

John

I like lumina's... The name isn't too... exciting, but it isn't really an exciting car... At least its not too bad looking, i think out of the 1st gen w-bodys, only the Grand Prix's are better looking (IMHO).

Of course, my Lumina is a piece of crap, at the moment.

I like Luminas. I didnt realize we had any Lumina haters. The only thing I never could figure out was why the later models was 4drs and if it was a 2 door it was a monte carlo. I guess its like a Berreta and add 2 more doors and you have a Corsica. Luminas are good cars like any other w-body but hell Im just partial to W-bodys. And yes guys I know a Berreta is not a W-body. :D

Ditto. I never thought anything special of them until I owned one. and two.. and three.. and four..

I think a lot of cars are like that. Take for instance.. a Bonneville. Nothing spectacular. Until you drive one.. I was impressed at the power and comfortableness of them. Another example.. a buddy has an '89 Delta 88 Royale. I thought they were crap.. but hot damn does that car take abuse! 210,000 hell beaten miles on the odo and she still runs strong.. no major problems whatsoever. When they can prove themselves like that, there is a whole new respect I have for 'em.

i like Luminas. any w-body, or GM for that matter is good in my book. same team as i always say.

whoever said that to you (if they owned a Monte) has gotta get off the hate and they are giving Monte owners a bad name.

As I said before I didn't think anything of w-bodies until I owned one.

When i first saw my lumina i was like no i want the grand am gt i looked fast and neat but parents were playign a roll in my puchase power since they were helping me out with insureance. A 2 door coup was out of the picture. down the same lot and for the same price was this lumina. i was like ok its a car big deal actualy thought it was kinda ugly slower then the grand am but i test drove it (didnt get on it dealer and paretnts in car)and knew nothing about the motor or even what a tach was suppose to mean :lol: . this is my 3rd car and you would figure by now i would know more then just how to change oil and change a sparkplug(i had to learn that over again). it drove ok and we bought it a week later 4000bux in 2001 with 104300miles. Had some problems but, once i got the engine in tune she sang like nothing I have ever owned befor even my scottsdale 400sb didnt have that much pep.

i cleaned the car up fixed some nicks in the paint that it had and gave the car a good waxing and it impressed me.

-there must be something about cleaning and waxing our cars that make us like them so much.

This car has done alot for me and this message board as well as the gmforums board befor the closed and had the changeover. i joined that board in october 2002. I have learned a ton about our cars and aswell about other cars and what to lookfor when something is going wrong. In a way its not just the car that i like so much, but its the people who own them just like me. It may or maynot be a rare edition or a rare car, but there wouldnt be a rare car or edition without good cars out there.

ok the new bodystyle 4 doors i like having 4 doors expecialy since im a family man, its a big convinience thing.

im not saying w-bodys are the best but they are a good place to start.