98 Lumina Keyless Remote Problem

hayim

Hello friends , i have a problem with the remote key for my 1998 Lumina. I bought it from the states but i couldn't use it. Can anyone help me about setting it up. I read something on the web, there is a black/White cable that comes from right of the trunk, does it have anything to do with it ?

Thanks for your replies.

Hayim

Hello friends , i have a problem with the remote key for my 1998 Lumina. I bought it from the states but i couldn't use it. Can anyone help me about setting it up. I read something on the web, there is a black/White cable that comes from right of the trunk, does it have anything to do with it ?

Thanks for your replies.

Hayim

Yes, that black/white cable needs to be grounded in order for the Remote Keyless Module to accept radio frequencies from your remote. One is supposed to hold down lock and unlock buttons and your locks will actuate to confirm the radio frequency. Once your done programming your remotes, un-ground that black/white wire and your are able to use the remotes.

@dodgethis Thank you for your quick reply, one thing i wonder is where the starting point of this b/w cable ? i think i should put the upholstery off to follow the cable. do you know the exact place of this cable ?

@dodgethis Thank you for your quick reply, one thing i wonder is where the starting point of this b/w cable ? i think i should put the upholstery off to follow the cable. do you know the exact place of this cable ?

Someone should chime in if I'm incorrect, but that black and white wire originally should be starting from the RKE module in the trunk. Should be seen right around the area where the third break light is