My tail is dragging.

Deacon

Well, the tail end of my car that is.

It's a 1995 Pontiac Grand Prix SE, and like most of the people on here, the back of the car is drooping.

Is there any way to get is back up aside from replacing the rear leaf spring?

I read that as an aviator and thought something else. :lol:

And many cars here are lowered:thumbsup:

But you also might try a JY for a replacement leaf spring but do by the bushings new.

Edited by rich_e777

The spring pads can help a bit. As well as replacement rear struts.

Spring pads are $10-$15 on Rockauto (there's a few different brands, but they all seem to be the same). Rear "quick" strut assemblies tend to be $60-$80 a piece. May as well do the fronts while you're at it, another $30-$45 a piece. I re-did mine with KYB parts, very happy with how it turned out.

• 2 weeks later...

It only costs $175 to do rear coil overs, and that includes shipping. I used 250# springs that are just a bit stiffer than stock. For stock ride 225# spring would probably be pretty close, then you can adjust your ride height.62fbd012eb8e0f01ea8b884b7bf91a6c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shouldn't there be a boot covering the shaft area of that strut? I see that people leave them off of their coil-overs but I don't think strut manufacturers think it's so cool. I'm planning to do coil-overs some day which is why I'm willing to sell my spare glass spring, but I'm concerned about the exposed shaft issue.

The factory boot is too big to fit inside the spring, so nobody uses them for coil overs. There may be one out there I'm not aware of, I suppose you could use one of those big tire mountain bike inner tubes to make one.

I'm thinking there must be something for a bicycle or motorcycle that could work. If I ever do it, I will attempt to find one. I think it could be functional and cool looking. I already picked up the KYBs when they were on sale for $27 mid-summer.

I'm thinking there must be something for a bicycle or motorcycle that could work. If I ever do it, I will attempt to find one. I think it could be functional and cool looking. I already picked up the KYBs when they were on sale for $27 mid-summer.

ive seen dust covers that go OVER the spring. i think summit or jegs sells them

When I have replaced the pad/bushing on the end of my spring, it helped. Also, when I replaced my rear struts because they were shot (had been bad for a couple years) it helped pick the back end back up. You could replace the pad/bushings and also do the nylon block that is a mood problem solver kit. Those combined should pick things up a bit.

Here are some covers. Wrap around, attach with Velcro.

These are from Summit Racing.

Integra Shocks and Springs 310-30650 - Integra Shockwear Coil-Over Covers

Coil-Over Cover, Poly-Vinyl, Black, 12.0 in. Length, 3.50 in. Diameter, Pair

Be the first to Review this product

Estimated Ship Date: Today

Would you rather pick it up? Select Location

$39.89

Image is a representation of this item.

Actual item may vary.

Email this page

Additional Info

Check Application

Application Specific Part

Drop Ship

This part is normally shipped directly from the manufacturer / Supplier.

Overview

Brand: Integra Shocks and Springs

Manufacturer's Part Number: 310-30650

Part Type: Shock Boots and Covers

Product Line: Integra Shockwear Coil-Over Covers

Summit Racing Part Number: ISS-310-30650

Shock Boot Length (in.): 12.000 in.

Shock Boot Diameter (in.): 3.500 in.

Shock Boot Color: Black

Shock Boot Material: Poly-vinyl

Quantity: Sold as a pair.

Notes: Fits a 10-12 in. spring.

Description: These Integra Shockwear coil-over covers were designed to protect your shocks from mud and rocks. They feature a Velcro[emoji768] closure for easy installation and removal and will fit a large selection of different sized shocks. Pick up a pair of these Integra Shockwear coil-over covers for your ride and keep your shocks looking new.

Edited by George

Yeah, definitely need a boot on the coilovers. The shocks were designed to have one generally don't last very long without one. I bought these from A1Racing for mine. Work great. It does go all the way down to the shock base in the second pic when car is on ground.

IMG_0139_zpsc7a6e6e8.jpg

IMG_0141_zps66b290c8.jpg

Here are some covers. Wrap around, attach with Velcro.

These are from Summit Racing.

Integra Shocks and Springs 310-30650 - Integra Shockwear Coil-Over Covers

Coil-Over Cover, Poly-Vinyl, Black, 12.0 in. Length, 3.50 in. Diameter, Pair

Be the first to Review this product

Estimated Ship Date: Today

Would you rather pick it up? Select Location

$39.89

Image is a representation of this item.

Actual item may vary.

Email this page

Additional Info

Check Application

Application Specific Part

Drop Ship

This part is normally shipped directly from the manufacturer / Supplier.

Overview

Brand: Integra Shocks and Springs

Manufacturer's Part Number: 310-30650

Part Type: Shock Boots and Covers

Product Line: Integra Shockwear Coil-Over Covers

Summit Racing Part Number: ISS-310-30650

Shock Boot Length (in.): 12.000 in.

Shock Boot Diameter (in.): 3.500 in.

Shock Boot Color: Black

Shock Boot Material: Poly-vinyl

Quantity: Sold as a pair.

Notes: Fits a 10-12 in. spring.

Description: These Integra Shockwear coil-over covers were designed to protect your shocks from mud and rocks. They feature a Velcro[emoji768] closure for easy installation and removal and will fit a large selection of different sized shocks. Pick up a pair of these Integra Shockwear coil-over covers for your ride and keep your shocks looking new.

I finally figured out how to get this pic on here.c5b62f79117922d800911928b047edbc.jpg

Where could I buy a spring leaf for a cutlass supreme 94 2DR? Mine it seems that is flaking. I couldn´t belive when I realized that they where made of fiber glass!

Where could I buy a spring leaf for a cutlass supreme 94 2DR? Mine it seems that is flaking. I couldn´t belive when I realized that they where made of fiber glass!

They're not sold new anymore, so you'll have to get one from a junk yard. Alternatively, there's an outfit in Canada that can manufacture one made of steel for a few hundred bucks that various board users have used with reasonable success.